Monarch Jekyll and Hyde

Started by Universal Steve, November 09, 2017, 10:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universal Steve

Just finished the Monarch Jekyll and Hyde. Working on the Dracula now. A little confused because I thought these 2 models were Canadian releases of Monster Scenes that didn't make it to America but the Dracula was incorporated in the Monsters Of The Movies series. I originally wanted to put Hyde and Dracula in the Dungeon model and make a diorama but they are out of scale. They are not Monster Scenes scale but Monsters of the Movies scale which is 1/12 as compared to 1/13. I was a little surprised especially some of the artwork on the box has them in the dungeon. So I am going to have to make them stand alone models.

Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Wolfman66

Steve great job on the MS Hyde.But answer your question they are 1/12 scale when Aurora switch them over to the MOTM line they stayed the same scale the Ghidorah and Rodan is 1/13 scale.Trev has a section on his site dedicated to the MOTM Line and MS line with history on them.My site fits fine with the Dungeon and the Animal pit.Trev's MS link is here http://www.tylisaari.com/models/gallery/ms/ms.htm
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

YoungestMonsterKid

Mine also fit fine with the Monster Scenes stuff.
The scale was never changed.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Wolfman66 on November 10, 2017, 07:11:17 AM
the Ghidorah and Rodan is 1/13 scale.

Wow! How big are those Ghidorah and Rodan kits if they are 1/13 scale!? Must be big as a house!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wolfman66

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 11, 2017, 04:53:52 PM
Wow! How big are those Ghidorah and Rodan kits if they are 1/13 scale!? Must be big as a house!
LOL,Mike not that big!A little bit bigger than 12oz can of soda do to the wings stretch out.
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Wolfman66 on November 11, 2017, 05:40:36 PM
LOL,Mike not that big!A little bit bigger than 12oz can of soda do to the wings stretch out.

That would make Ghidorah about 6 ft. tall!  :laugh:
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Universal Steve

That's interesting your models fit with the Dungeon. Hydes' head was about 1/4" too tall for the opening between the 2 sections of the trap door side and the side on the left. I am going to have to recheck this but I think I will keep the 2 as stand alone models. I was going to use the Dungeon as a "base" for the Gruesome Goodies anyway. I didn't just want the lab parts sitting around with no base.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

YoungestMonsterKid

Quote from: Universal Steve on November 12, 2017, 02:50:35 AM
That's interesting your models fit with the Dungeon. Hydes' head was about 1/4" too tall for the opening between the 2 sections of the trap door side and the side on the left. I am going to have to recheck this but I think I will keep the 2 as stand alone models. I was going to use the Dungeon as a "base" for the Gruesome Goodies anyway. I didn't just want the lab parts sitting around with no base.
None of the figures fit under the arch of the dungeon. I just tested Dr Deadly and he doesn't, and as I recall he's the shortest of them. Keep in mind the dungeon was still a prototype. I just imagine they had to crouch down to get into the room.

Universal Steve

Quote from: YoungestMonsterKid on November 12, 2017, 03:51:23 PM
None of the figures fit under the arch of the dungeon. I just tested Dr Deadly and he doesn't, and as I recall he's the shortest of them. Keep in mind the dungeon was still a prototype. I just imagine they had to crouch down to get into the room.

Thanks for the info. Maybe as a prototype they didn't have it to scale at the time and they would adjust that before production. I didn't think of that.  Dr. Deadly is the shortest of the group so if he does't fit none will.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Hepcat

Quote from: Universal Steve on November 09, 2017, 10:26:09 PMI originally wanted to put Hyde and Dracula in the Dungeon model and make a diorama but they are out of scale. They are not Monster Scenes scale but Monsters of the Movies scale which is 1/12 as compared to 1/13. I was a little surprised especially some of the artwork on the box has them in the dungeon. So I am going to have to make them stand alone models.

So what if one figure is about 8 1/2% bigger than the other! Real life isn't to scale. People come in a very wide range of sizes. And Christopher Lee's Dracula was over 6'5" tall while Bela Lugosi's may just have been in the six feet area!

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Universal Steve

Quote from: Hepcat on November 18, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
So what if one figure is about 8 1/2% bigger than the other! Real life isn't to scale. People come in a very wide range of sizes. And Christopher Lee's Dracula was over 6'5" tall while Bela Lugosi's may just have been in the six feet area!

???

The size difference of the figures didn't matter to me it was just I had planned to display them in the dungeon but they are too tall for it.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Sean

More clean lines, Steve.  It takes a steady hand.  I also like the depth of the skin on the hands and face created with different paint colors.