Author Topic: New Wolfman Movie from Universal  (Read 732 times)

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
Re: New Wolfman Movie from Universal
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 11:22:00 PM »
Dracula was also set in the modern day (of 1931), as was the Creature and The Mummy. 

My only concern with changing time periods to the CURRENT modern day would be character costumes.  However, there's no reason a foreign noble cannot still wear a tux/tails/cape.  It would be cool to see all of these movies take place in the 1930s, but if you're going to move them, keep the costumes/look the same.   

delfloria

• New Recruit
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2020, 11:52:01 PM »
That is encouraging.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

brianfromtheblacklagoon

• New Recruit
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 02:51:27 PM »
I am actually really excited by this. I am really encouraged by the fact Ryan Gosling pitched the film to Universal himself and is going to star in it.  Have you all seen the action/comedy The Nice Guys starring him and Russell Crowe?  There is a part in the film when Gosling is alone and finds a dead body and he does a pretty spot on recreation of the Costello "Hey Chic" routine from A&C Meet Frankenstein.  I was floored when I saw it in the theater a couple years ago.  He also said he wanted to do The Nice Guys not because director Shane Black had written Lethal Weapon and directed Iron Man 3, but because he had written The Monster Squad.  He was also set to star in Guillermo del Toro's Haunted Mansion film before it was shelved and I noticed him wearing a Haunted Mansion t-shirt in some of the pictures announcing The Wolf Man.  I don't know.  I think he might be one of us.