Author Topic: Series You Rank In Release Order  (Read 285 times)

Rotting Corpse

• Private First Class
Re: Series You Rank In Release Order
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 12:16:17 PM »
Another I thought of that could well go in descending order for me (when I see the remainder of the series) is The Crow. Only saw the original which is a favorite of mine, and the sequels all seem to be poorly received with only the third getting the occasional decent comment or rating.

Highlander could be another. I've only seen the original, again, a favorite of mine. The sequels are all terribly received and while the second film seems to be regarded as the worst, occasionally I've seen the others rated lower. It seems with both The Crow and Highlander, the originals are the only ones that matter.

Rotting Corpse

• Private First Class
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 04:54:35 PM »
The Hellraiser(Franchise) series

Hellraiser-1987
Hellbound: Hellraiser II-1988
Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth-1992
Etc.......

This reminds me how I haven't seen the Hellraisers past Hellseeker, which I think was the sixth one. I don't think I've ever seen a single positive comment ever given to the most recent one, Revelations, and neither Deader or Hellworld are much better-received.

Rotting Corpse

• Private First Class
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 06:58:01 PM »
I'd imagine a popular choice for this might be the Psycho series. Believe it or not, despite me being a long-time Horror fan, I've yet to see the original. My sole exposure to Psycho so far has been the fourth film and the Bates Motel TV show.

Rotting Corpse

• Private First Class
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 07:43:04 PM »
I've never seen the Psycho films barring the fourth film, which was actually a prequel. Yep, a major Horror fan like myself has gone all these years not seeing the original Psycho, but I will remedy that someday. My main exposure to all things Norman Bates has been the excellent Bates Motel TV show. From what I've seen of the consensus, it seems pretty agreed that the film series is one that declined with each subsequent film.