Previous topic - Next topic

Memphremagog

New book released this month chronicling new Mothman encounters and theories:

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Drew Bludd

I once saw a cryptid.

I used to deliver newspapers and I could do my route any time between midnight and 6am.

One night (after the bars let out :( :o :-X ), my roommate and I started delivering around 3 in the morning.
In a nice, woodsy residential area with lots of houses but also a fair amount of trees and wildlife WE SAW IT

What can only be described as a llama or alpaca but with long, woolly, black hair running from one back yard, across the road, in front of my car, into another yard and disappeared into the woods.

NOW, I am willing to believe that maybe that thing escaped from a nearby alpaca farm but I never saw one with LONG dark hair and certainly never at 3 in the morning in a residential area.

long live kong

Quote from: Drew Bludd on January 06, 2018, 04:53:53 PM
I once saw a cryptid.

I used to deliver newspapers and I could do my route any time between midnight and 6am.

One night (after the bars let out :( :o :-X ), my roommate and I started delivering around 3 in the morning.
In a nice, woodsy residential area with lots of houses but also a fair amount of trees and wildlife WE SAW IT

What can only be described as a llama or alpaca but with long, woolly, black hair running from one back yard, across the road, in front of my car, into another yard and disappeared into the woods.

NOW, I am willing to believe that maybe that thing escaped from a nearby alpaca farm but I never saw one with LONG dark hair and certainly never at 3 in the morning in a residential area.

Whoa! I can just imagine you and your friend looking at each other - "did we just see a were-alpaca??!!" Very cool story!

I remember driving home from a weekend away once with my girlfriend and she suddenly jumped in her seat and swore that she saw what looked like a lemur or long tailed monkey clinging to a tree, which considering we were in Lincolnshire England was pretty far fetched! But she was sure she saw what she saw!
Monster lovers never grow old....

Memphremagog

Mothman sightings began in 2017 in the Chicago area, they are said to be still continuing into 2018...

These are some of the locations of the sightings from last year:

DARK SHADOWS:

Hepcat

Quote from: Drew Bludd on January 06, 2018, 04:53:53 PMI used to deliver newspapers and I could do my route any time between midnight and 6am.

What can only be described as a llama or alpaca but with long, woolly, black hair running from one back yard, across the road, in front of my car....

Car?!!! What kind of newspaper boy uses a car on his paper route?

:o

Newspaper boys are supposed to use their bikes to deliver papers!

C:)

Collecting! It's what I do!

long live kong

Quote from: Hepcat on February 19, 2018, 03:12:51 PM
Car?!!! What kind of newspaper boy uses a car on his paper route?

:o

Newspaper boys are supposed to use their bikes to deliver papers!

C:)

;D
Monster lovers never grow old....

Hepcat

The first recorded sighting of Bessie in Lake Erie occurred in 1793 and have continued to re-occur fairly frequently but at random intervals ever since. Most of these sightings have occurred in the western basin of the lake close to the U.S. side.

Reported to be between 20 and 60 feet in length, Bessie is likely to be nothing other than a family of plesiosaurs.

Lake Erie would be a particularly prospective environment for plesiosaurs since as both the southernmost and shallowest Great Lake, it's particularly nutrient rich and therefore hosts an abundance of fish life. (Lake Erie in fact supports a thriving commercial perch fishery from ports such as Port Dover and Port Stanley.) There would therefore be more than enough fish life in Lake Erie to support a colony of plesiosaurs. And of course nothing would prevent individuals of the species during the summer months from ranging north up the Detroit River into Lake St. Clair and then the enormous Lake Huron-Lake Michigan watershed.

The Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League got their inspiration from Bessie:

:)

Hepcat

Here's a video dealing with Bessie of Lake Erie:

Bessie - Creative Crypto

8)

Hepcat

Here's another video clip about Bessie:

Bessie - Connect Paranormal

cl:)

Hepcat

The Western Interior Seaway, also known as the Cretaceous Seaway and the North American Inland Sea, was a large inland sea that existed from about 100 million years to 65 million years ago during the mid to late Cretaceous period. The Western Interior Seaway thus acted to split the continent of North America into the Laramidia landmass to the west and the Appalachia landmass to the east:

The Western Interior Seaway did of course teem with various fish and reptiles including vicious flesh-eating dinosaurs such as the tylosaurs pictured below:

By the end of the last Ice Age the Western Interior Seaway had shrunk down to Lake Agassiz which covered an area centering on Manitoba approximately 13,000 to 8200 years ago:

The retreat of the Wisconsin ice sheet enabled Lake Agassiz to drain into Hudson Bay leaving remnants such as Lake Winnipeg, Lake Winnipegosis, Lake Manitoba and Lake of the Woods:

A rather sizable vestige population of tylosaurs though continues to survive in Lake Winnipeg and perhaps Cedar Lake as well:

Sightings of Manipogo (as these tylosaurs are now known) are common. Manipogo is in fact much beloved by the people of Manitoba. Local residents are therefore understandably highly protective of their own local "sea monster" despite the occasional hysterical tourist demanding that something be done about the loss of her husband, child, dog, etc. Manipogo too needs to eat of course.

8)

Hepcat

Here's a good scholarly video investigating the Manipogo phenomenon:

Manipogo

8)

Memphremagog

News articles regarding the initial Mothman sightings of 1966

DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

Loch Ness monster seemingly photographed in sighting from last Friday(August 17,2018)

http://youtu.be/tEx7LOiToEk

This was at least the third sighting in the past few months...
DARK SHADOWS:

Hepcat

Quote from: Memphremagog on May 28, 2018, 10:07:23 PMNews articles regarding the initial Mothman sightings of 1966

Red-eyed thing?

???

Probably just an over-refreshed local rummy.

;)

Memphremagog

Yet another strange sighting from the UK in the past month:

http://youtu.be/yt_GHw3_SgU
DARK SHADOWS: