Cryptids, anyone?

Started by Memphremagog, October 15, 2017, 09:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphremagog

Alleged photograph of a Wisconsin Werewolf or Michigan Dogman(aka bipedal humanoid canines)

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Hepcat

Quote from: long live kong on October 22, 2017, 12:25:14 PMThe theory behind big cats in the UK (as you probably know) is that they are exotic pets that have been released from private menageries after the 'dangerous wild animals act 1976'.

Unfortunately the Florida Everglades are now home to untold anacondas and Burmese pythons as a result of idiots who were keeping these constrictors as pets deciding to release these snakes into the wild when they grew to an overly cumbersome and unmanageable size.

>:(
Collecting! It's what I do!

long live kong

Quote from: Hepcat on October 25, 2017, 08:49:30 PM
Unfortunately the Florida Everglades are now home to untold anacondas and Burmese pythons as a result of idiots who were keeping these constrictors as pets deciding to release these snakes into the wild when they grew to an overly cumbersome and unmanageable size.

>:(
Which brings us to another cryptid/urban myth...Aligators lurking in sewers!

Monster lovers never grow old....

Sean

Quote from: Memphremagog on October 17, 2017, 09:08:38 PM
This Friday, October 20, 2017, will be the 50th anniversary of this film footage and photos:

The Patterson/Gimlin film was taken on October, 20,1967 and has been hotly debated for decades as to whether or not it is evidence that Sasquatch exists..despite the many naysayers over the years, no one has ever been able to debunk the footage as a hoax.

True story.  My wife and I Honeymooned in the Great Northwest in 2003.  We trekked from San Francisco to Seattle over the course of 1 week before taking an Alaskan cruise for another week.  It was near dusk 1 day when we were driving from Northern California to Oregon and were in a low lying area when I felt compelled to get out of the car and walk around.  I wandered some distance from the car and looked around.  I got spooked.  The hair on the back of by neck stood up and I quickly walked back to the car.  I noted our location and when we got got home some 10-12 days later, I looked it up and realized I was in the area that the famous film was captured. 

Sean

Quote from: Memphremagog on October 24, 2017, 10:05:10 PM
Alleged photograph of a Wisconsin Werewolf or Michigan Dogman(aka bipedal humanoid canines)

Looks like the werewolf on a cover of Creepy magazine.

Remco Wolfman

When I was in elementary school the orange Crestwood House Monster books were by far my most frequent checkout from the school library. I recently came across (and purchased) these "Search for the Unknown" Crestwood House books also written by Ian Thorne.

The series also includes books on things like the Bermuda Triangle, UFO's,  and a few others. They have photo's and accounts and drawings. Pretty cool photo's and stories.

Memphremagog

I checked those same books out of my local library back in the '70's..loved reading them after school and on weekends.

The one book on cryptids that I read multiple times cover to cover and purchased  back in 1975 ,was this one:

I still have that paperback after all these years..
DARK SHADOWS:

long live kong

Love that Loch Ness Monster book cover. I have family in Scotland, and although I've never visited Loch Ness, I did spend a week camping at nearby Loch Lomond. I remember going for a dip one afternoon and feeling very uneasy as the water got deeper, even though I personally don't believe there's anything bigger than a pike lurking in Loch Ness, nevermind Loch Lomond!

Sean

We used to have the "Book Mobile" come to my elementary school in the 70s.  I made this book 1 of my purchases.

Memphremagog

Nice artist conception of the Mothman:

DARK SHADOWS:

Big Bad Wolf

If anyone's interested, I've actually seen the Mothman. Saw it when I was 13, the night before my house burned down back in February 2004. And no, I don't live in West Virginia. Funny thing, based on where I live you'd think Champy would be the most likely cryptid for me to catch a glimpse of, but nope. No, I saw the Mothman. :P
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

Scatter

Quote from: Memphremagog on October 22, 2017, 11:41:02 PM
It isnt nonsense when biologists and anthropologists have done study after study and proved that it cant be duplicated. I'm sure your credentials are no better than theirs,no offense..you can say what you like but you have nothing to prove it other than your opinion.  The studies and experiments outweigh that, I'm afraid. 50 years ago when the footage was taken, there was NO existing technology in special effects anywhere that could have produced this so-called suit, despite the third party claims(all of which have been disproven) to the contrary. You may have been making creatures for 30 years but I'm sure you could not duplicate this. Many have tried and not one single experiment by guys with suits has succeeded yet. The motion of the musculature and gait does not lend credence to any guy in a suit.  I'm sure that if it was truly a suit, with today's technology, it could have been duplicated and probably improved upon. Yet another reason why this does not hold water as it hasnt been done. You cant improve on nature with some character costume, no matter who designed it.  The laws of physics that were applied in trying to recreate the footage in a suit just dont hold water upon scrutiny.

This
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Kidagain

Quote from: Big Bad Wolf on November 09, 2017, 12:05:26 AM
If anyone's interested, I've actually seen the Mothman. Saw it when I was 13, the night before my house burned down back in February 2004. And no, I don't live in West Virginia. Funny thing, based on where I live you'd think Champy would be the most likely cryptid for me to catch a glimpse of, but nope. No, I saw the Mothman. :P
Sorry to hear about your house BBW but how cool is it that you saw the Mothman!

Big Bad Wolf

Quote from: Kidagain on November 09, 2017, 01:05:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your house BBW but how cool is it that you saw the Mothman!
Well, it may have saved my life, so I'd say that's pretty cool. And luckily my collection of Godzilla movies on VHS were safe and sound in the end!
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

long live kong