Author Topic: What do the classic monsters mean to you?  (Read 1794 times)

Anthony Caranci

• Sergeant
  • This is place of dead -- we're all dead here.
Re: What do the classic monsters mean to you?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 10:26:56 AM »
I feel the same way. They're like friends of mine. When things are difficult (much like the past month has been) they provide a comfort that takes me away from that heartbreak, that pain. Even the nasty ones like Dracula or the Invisible Man!

I was actually born premature as well. I only weighed four and a half pounds! I can only imagine what it must have been like, growing up with the hardships you had to endure. But I'm happy to know that you endured, and came out stronger on the other side. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever have that opportunity. It's not unreasonable for me to see my life being cut short before then. But I have hope in a better outcome than that.

Sometimes our stories don't feel like it when we tell them ourselves, usually because they can be painful, but to others they can be uplifting. So thank you for sharing yours.

Well, I usually don't talk about it, and I've never mentioned my childhood on any website until now. It was tough and there were a lot of tears and much more anger. Thankfully I had loving parents and two brothers to help me through it all. I believe that was the most important aspect of it all. My point was that I could (and still do) relate to all the Universal Monsters. In the end, everything has panned out in a positive manner. Thankfully, my birth defect did not affect my intelligence, as I've been able to land some pretty decent jobs in my life:

McDonnell Douglas Corp. - Crane Operator
Southern Pacific/Union Pacific Railroad - Intermodal Container Inspector.
Universal Studios Hollywood - Began as a Park Attendant & worked my way into Show Control.
Washington State Contractor - DSHS.

As you can see, it comes out in the wash. I had a choices and so do you. Would I let a birth defect affect my life negatively or learn from it, and use it on a more positive note. I had a good friend that would always remind me that as long as I knew the truth about myself -- then it didn't matter what others felt or thought.

I don't know you Big Bad Wolf - but you have to believe that you are a hell of a lot better than a short ending. You deserve better than that. I wasn't going to let it win. I didn't get my first girlfriend until I was 13 -- because she was the only girl that wasn't afraid to kiss me. She was born with a hole in her heart - we were engaged and then she died. That sort of stuff can kill you if you let it. As we all know by now, life isn't easy but we endure and become the better for it! Maybe that's what it is all about! Take care and remember your self worth is great!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN UMA!

Big Bad Wolf

• Sergeant
  • Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
Re: What do the classic monsters mean to you?
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 02:16:51 PM »
Feels like a good time to bump this thread. I want everyone here to know why I came here in the first place.
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...