Author Topic: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 Leatherface Retro Mego Style Figure ships soon.  (Read 178 times)

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 Leatherface Retro Mego Style Figure ships soon.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »
Looks decent. However, I am waiting for NECA's The Hitchhiker and Nubbins. Really excited for those.

thm

long live kong

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 03:08:55 PM »
Looks decent. However, I am waiting for NECA's The Hitchhiker and Nubbins. Really excited for those.

thm

I just googled 'Nubbins' as I'd never heard that name, and apparently Nubbins and the Hitchhiker are one and the same? What's the difference between the two figures TCM?

I like the Leatherface figure....part 3 is my favourite of all the sequels/remakes.
Monster lovers never grow old....

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 05:47:57 PM »
I just googled 'Nubbins' as I'd never heard that name, and apparently Nubbins and the Hitchhiker are one and the same? What's the difference between the two figures TCM?

I like the Leatherface figure....part 3 is my favourite of all the sequels/remakes.

Yes, the Hitchhiker gets run over at the end of TCM. In TCM 2, Chop Top carries around the corpse of the Hitchhiker and referes to him as Nubbins.

thm

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 06:20:35 PM »
I'll be honest, I didn't know that either (and everyone knows how much I love TCM).

long live kong

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 12:28:22 AM »

Whoa! I always thought Chop Top was the Hitchhiker! (I thought the metal plate was a result of the truck driving over him).
Well blow me down.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 09:44:12 AM »
I'll be honest, I didn't know that either (and everyone knows how much I love TCM).

Until recently, I wasn't sure either.

Whoa! I always thought Chop Top was the Hitchhiker! (I thought the metal plate was a result of the truck driving over him).
Well blow me down.

I had thought the same thing a while back.

thm

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »
Chop Top was in Viet Nam. Drafted. Came back home with a metal plate and disability settlement of some kind. It's all picked up in the dialogue in the second film. Apparently Nubbins (Hitcher) was a brother. I didn't realize Nubbins was Hitcher until recently myself. Maybe he was section 8**? ;)

**Section 8 (military) Section 8 is a category of discharge from the United States military, used for a service member judged mentally unfit for service. It also came to mean any service member given such a discharge, or behaving as if deserving such a discharge, as in the expression, "he's a Section 8"
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

long live kong

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 10:48:45 AM »
Chop Top was in Viet Nam. Drafted. Came back home with a metal plate and disability settlement of some kind. It's all picked up in the dialogue in the second film.
Ahh yes...I remember the Vietnam reference now, but I still assumed he was the Hitcher, as he wears a green khaki style t-shirt in the original.