Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 – Leatherface Retro Mego Style Figure ships soon.

Started by Palifan, September 13, 2017, 05:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_horror_man

Looks decent. However, I am waiting for NECA's The Hitchhiker and Nubbins. Really excited for those.

thm

long live kong

Quote from: the_horror_man on September 13, 2017, 07:07:32 PM
Looks decent. However, I am waiting for NECA's The Hitchhiker and Nubbins. Really excited for those.

thm

I just googled 'Nubbins' as I'd never heard that name, and apparently Nubbins and the Hitchhiker are one and the same? What's the difference between the two figures TCM?

I like the Leatherface figure....part 3 is my favourite of all the sequels/remakes.
Monster lovers never grow old....

the_horror_man

Quote from: long live kong on September 13, 2017, 08:08:55 PM
I just googled 'Nubbins' as I'd never heard that name, and apparently Nubbins and the Hitchhiker are one and the same? What's the difference between the two figures TCM?

I like the Leatherface figure....part 3 is my favourite of all the sequels/remakes.

Yes, the Hitchhiker gets run over at the end of TCM. In TCM 2, Chop Top carries around the corpse of the Hitchhiker and referes to him as Nubbins.

thm

Mord

I'll be honest, I didn't know that either (and everyone knows how much I love TCM).

long live kong

Whoa! I always thought Chop Top was the Hitchhiker! (I thought the metal plate was a result of the truck driving over him).
Well blow me down.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on September 13, 2017, 11:20:35 PM
I'll be honest, I didn't know that either (and everyone knows how much I love TCM).

Until recently, I wasn't sure either.

Quote from: long live kong on September 14, 2017, 05:28:22 AM
Whoa! I always thought Chop Top was the Hitchhiker! (I thought the metal plate was a result of the truck driving over him).
Well blow me down.

I had thought the same thing a while back.

thm

Anton Phibes

Chop Top was in Viet Nam. Drafted. Came back home with a metal plate and disability settlement of some kind. It's all picked up in the dialogue in the second film. Apparently Nubbins (Hitcher) was a brother. I didn't realize Nubbins was Hitcher until recently myself. Maybe he was section 8**? ;)

**Section 8 (military) Section 8 is a category of discharge from the United States military, used for a service member judged mentally unfit for service. It also came to mean any service member given such a discharge, or behaving as if deserving such a discharge, as in the expression, "he's a Section 8"

long live kong

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 14, 2017, 03:16:35 PM
Chop Top was in Viet Nam. Drafted. Came back home with a metal plate and disability settlement of some kind. It's all picked up in the dialogue in the second film.
Ahh yes...I remember the Vietnam reference now, but I still assumed he was the Hitcher, as he wears a green khaki style t-shirt in the original.