HALLOWEEN Stuff In Stores For 2017

Started by Monsters For Sale, August 13, 2017, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

BRICK

When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Kidagain

SpeedierThantheGrave

Brick that mask looks great! Maybe you can get a gig at Busch Gardens as a gorilla stylist!
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

AndyFish

I had seen that in store months ago-- looked good at $30 but didn't buy it-- just did for $8.  Thanks for the heads up.

Mike Scott

Target "Monsterville" costumes are marked down to $7.50. If you can find one in a store. Not sold online or any other way. I'm betting there aren't many to be had.
CREATURE FAN

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 16, 2017, 04:54:29 AM
Target "Monsterville" costumes are marked down to $7.50. If you can find one in a store. Not sold online or any other way. I'm betting there aren't many to be had.

Oh wow, I'm surprised they're even still on the site.  All the Halloween stuff has almost certainly been replaced with Christmas by now. 

$7.50 sounds really expensive at this stage:  when the in-store stuff hit 90% off, I picked up a few Frankenstein makeup tubes for 33¢/ea, Mummy bandages for 50¢/ea, the cheesy rubber Creature mask for $2, and a couple spare Creature costumes for $2.50/ea. 

At those prices I got to pretend it was the 1960s! (1950s? I  wouldn't know, I'm no scientist...)
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

Mike Scott

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on November 16, 2017, 05:38:42 AM
and a couple spare Creature costumes for $2.50/ea. 

Never saw 'em for $2.50! Oh well, there are probably few of them around, anyway.
CREATURE FAN

BRICK

It may be a bit after the fact, but after two months I finally found a Universal Monster "Style-Guide" coffee mug at a Walmart. It may not be pretty, but it is BIG (20 oz), so I can nurse a cup of coffee all day; and I'm not that concerned if the artwork fades a little.
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: BRICK on November 20, 2017, 11:26:02 PM
It may be a bit after the fact, but after two months I finally found a Universal Monster "Style-Guide" coffee mug at a Walmart. It may not be pretty, but it is BIG (20 oz), so I can nurse a cup of coffee all day; and I'm not that concerned if the artwork fades a little.

What aisle were they in?

BRICK

They are generally at the end of the aisle in the party section; but I have also seen the display at the end of the aisle in the holiday (Halloween/X-mas) section, and even in the odds and ends corner of the party section. Generally, it is a big display with lots of other Marvel, DC, Disney, Harry Potter, etc mugs and tumblers. The Universal Monsters mug is fairly easy to spot (if you can find it), I think that it is the only one that has writing INSIDE the mug.