Author Topic: HALLOWEEN Stuff In Stores For 2017  (Read 26217 times)

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
Re: HALLOWEEN Stuff In Stores For 2017
« Reply #405 on: September 13, 2017, 06:04:53 PM »
Checked Target again today and found out they get shipments Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Luckily it isn't far from my house so I guess I'll be checking a lot the next few days. The main thing I want to get is the Creature Screamer/Shelf Sitter but I may still pick up the Windmill Dome and Frank/Bride Dome as well. The Frankenstein Head Dome and Animated Mummy Bust are incredible and must-haves. I bought those two first go around along with the Frank & Mummy Screamers and the Creature costume.

Today I bought the Frankenstein and Creature hard plastic masks. Those look really cool and are well worth the $5 each price IMO. The Creature costume had the mask but I wanted to keep that packaging intact and not rip the mask out. In a few years we'll probably look back on 2017 as being significant for the Uni licensed Monsterville stuff and wish we had bought it all. I'm going to get most of it anyway, and may well end up getting all of it (at Target prices...NOT evilBay prices!).
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #406 on: September 13, 2017, 06:18:49 PM »
Well stated, HH. When I saw all this great stuff all at once, I just reached for my wallet. Yes, this may be a turning point in Uni collectibles (like Sideshow was in '99). I hope you find your Creature screamer.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:22:15 PM by Mord »

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #407 on: September 13, 2017, 06:20:16 PM »
ZH?
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #408 on: September 13, 2017, 06:21:35 PM »
Well stated, HH. When I saw all this great stuff all at once, I just reached for my wallet. Yes, this may be a turning point in Uni collectibles (like Sideshow was in '99). I hope you find your Creature screamer.
Oops, sorry. Got my hunters mixed up.

Universal Steve

• Sergeant
  • There are far worse things awaiting man than death
    • Universal Steve
« Reply #409 on: September 13, 2017, 08:16:45 PM »
I think Steve is referencing the other Portland, the one with Hillsborough in a different state and the one lacking the Fred Meyer!   How does one live without Freddy's?  ;D

Actually it's South Portland, Maine.  What's a Fred Meyer?
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Universal Steve

• Sergeant
  • There are far worse things awaiting man than death
    • Universal Steve
« Reply #410 on: September 13, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »
I stopped by the South Portland store again and they didn't have much out but surprisingly they had almost everything of the Universal monsters out. Couldn't believe it. I nabbed a Mummy bust, the 3 shelf sitters, the 2 domes, Mummy gauze, the hard plastic Frankenstein mask and the Creature costume. The only thing they didn't have out yet was the Bride hard plastic mask. Maybe this weekend. They did have a Wolfman and Frankenstein costume but no sale on those and they had the Frankenstein Door Greeter. They may be an impulse buy when I am in there next. So glad I didn't have to go the route of EBay for this. The prices were right and I got the thrill of the hunt by finding Universal merchandise in a store rather than online. It's tough being a Universal Monster collector. So much easier in the 60's.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #411 on: September 13, 2017, 08:51:09 PM »
Actually it's South Portland, Maine.  What's a Fred Meyer?

That's what I was telling him!  He thought you were in Oregon. 

Mike Scott

• Army Administrator
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #412 on: September 13, 2017, 08:56:14 PM »
It's tough being a Universal Monster collector.

Glad you finally got the stuff you wanted, Steve.  :)
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #413 on: September 13, 2017, 09:09:09 PM »
I stopped by the South Portland store again and they didn't have much out but surprisingly they had almost everything of the Universal monsters out. Couldn't believe it. I nabbed a Mummy bust, the 3 shelf sitters, the 2 domes, Mummy gauze, the hard plastic Frankenstein mask and the Creature costume. The only thing they didn't have out yet was the Bride hard plastic mask. Maybe this weekend. They did have a Wolfman and Frankenstein costume but no sale on those and they had the Frankenstein Door Greeter. They may be an impulse buy when I am in there next. So glad I didn't have to go the route of EBay for this. The prices were right and I got the thrill of the hunt by finding Universal merchandise in a store rather than online. It's tough being a Universal Monster collector. So much easier in the 60's.
You got two domes? Which one did you pass on ?

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #414 on: September 13, 2017, 10:48:48 PM »
Finally found a Creature SCREAMER. Yay! :D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #415 on: September 14, 2017, 12:09:13 AM »
Finally found a Creature SCREAMER. Yay! :D
Congrats! I have a feeling that's going to be the toughest of all the Monsterville items to track down.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #416 on: September 14, 2017, 12:15:23 AM »
Congrats! I have a feeling that's going to be the toughest of all the Monsterville items to track down.

There was only one left.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #417 on: September 14, 2017, 08:59:40 AM »
Monstervile Screamers are shipping 2 of each character per store. 6 total.

Maceo1

• Sergeant
  • I am being watched, by blind people.
« Reply #418 on: September 14, 2017, 09:11:02 AM »
2 of each character per store.
Says who ? Store over here in NY had at least a dozen of them. A buddy bought them all. Is it possible a couple shipments just sat on the shelves for awhile ?
I am being watched, by blind people.

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #419 on: September 14, 2017, 10:02:16 AM »
Say who? Why does everything get challenged around here? That's why I stay away anymore, as do all the old timers. Says Target. Initial shipment,  6 per store. Will they get more? Who knows.

Good luck collecting and goodbye. Anyone who wants can see me on Facebook.