HALLOWEEN Stuff In Stores For 2017

Started by Monsters For Sale, August 13, 2017, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maceo1

Quote("Some" Head Domes?  How many did you order?)
Ordered 5 from their website...with discount and free shipping. Going to look great around yard for party. Snagged some Mummy Heads also.
I am being watched, by blind people.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Maceo1 on September 12, 2017, 04:38:11 PM
Ordered 5 from their website...with discount and free shipping. Going to look great around yard for party. Snagged some Mummy Heads also.

Great.  The more of these things get bought, the more new stuff they are likely to produce in the future.

By-the-way, here are some prices that are being paid on eBay to re-sellers: http://tinyurl.com/ydcjoc6p

ADAM

Maceo1

My new coffee mug just arrived...so nice.
I am being watched, by blind people.

Mord

One thing I really like about these Monsterville goodies is the element of surprise. We were all blindsided and, personally, it felt great. We usually have to wait a year or so for an item to come out, after it's  initial announcement (if it even comes out at all). These just popped up outta nowhere and made everybody's day.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on September 12, 2017, 05:33:17 PM
One thing I really like about these Monsterville goodies is the element of surprise. We were all blindsided and, personally, it felt great. We usually have to wait a year or so for an item to come out, after it's  initial announcement (if it even comes out at all). These just popped up outta nowhere and made everybody's day.

I think my biggest kick is being able to walk into a mainstream store, unlike a collectibles or comic book shop, and see reasonably priced, licensed Universal Classic Monster product just sitting on open shelves - waiting for the general public to take them home.
ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 12, 2017, 05:39:47 PM
I think my biggest kick is being able to walk into a mainstream store, unlike a collectibles or comic book shop, and see licensed Universal Classic Monster product just sitting on open shelves - waiting for the general public to take them home.
I was in a Target store and noticed a family looking at the few Uni items left. Their nine year old started jumping up and down and said "Dad, it's Frankenstein! Let's get it!" (Referring to the head dome). Unfortunately, dad said, "Not today, son. It's not even October ".   Nice.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on September 12, 2017, 05:55:44 PM
I was in a Target store and noticed a family looking at the few Uni items left. Their nine year old started jumping up and down and said "Dad, it's Frankenstein! Let's get it!" (Referring to the head dome). Unfortunately, dad said, "Not today, son. It's not even October ".   Nice.

Not wanting to spend $30.00 - and hoping the kid will have forgotten all about it by then.

Love the fact that today's 9 year-olds still get excited by seeing Frankenstein.  (I wonder if he will grow up and buy an old copy off eBay, remembering the day when his dad wouldn't buy one for him.)
ADAM

Mord

That's funny. I never even thought of that. The future generation of monster collectors and UMAers in the making.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on September 12, 2017, 06:08:49 PM
... The future generation of monster collectors and UMAers in the making. 

If it happens that way, he'll probably end up paying $300.00 for it.

Isn't that the rule of thumb for childhood memories - 10x the original price, "if I had just bought it new when I was a kid"?
ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 12, 2017, 06:23:58 PM
If it happens that way, he'll probably end up paying $300.00 for it.

Isn't that the rule of thumb for childhood memories - 10x the original price, "if I had just bought it new when I was a kid"?
Sometimes. I had to pay $1,400 for a mint Marx Frankenten with a $5.88 original price tag. Childhood memories are really expensive, sometimes.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 12, 2017, 06:01:40 PM
. . remembering the day when his dad wouldn't buy one for him.

And then plotting his revenge!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Universal Steve

I stopped by our South Portland Target store today. Just starting to put stuff out. The only Universal I saw was a child's Wolfman costume and a child's Frankenstein costume. I wanted to start tearing open the boxes but no chance also I was reading the tags and it was just generic Halloween items. I am getting so impatient. Comes with being old , you know. I really want the domes , Mummy bust , the 3 plastic masks, the Creature costume just for display and those shelf sitters. I will try in a couple of days again I guess. So jealous almost all of you have your prizes and mine are not even unpacked and might not be at  my store.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Palifan

Quote from: Universal Steve on September 13, 2017, 12:16:43 AM
I stopped by our South Portland Target store today. Just starting to put stuff out. The only Universal I saw was a child's Wolfman costume and a child's Frankenstein costume. I wanted to start tearing open the boxes but no chance also I was reading the tags and it was just generic Halloween items. I am getting so impatient. Comes with being old , you know. I really want the domes , Mummy bust , the 3 plastic masks, the Creature costume just for display and those shelf sitters. I will try in a couple of days again I guess. So jealous almost all of you have your prizes and mine are not even unpacked and might not be at  my store.

I took a look in the Target near Hillsboro this week and also found it to be the same. They normally are well stocked so can only think they haven't put things out yet. Freds Myers here had a good selection of things but nothing really officially licensed. Maybe nearer the time though.

Ian

aura of foreboding

I think Steve is referencing the other Portland, the one with Hillsborough in a different state and the one lacking the Fred Meyer!   How does one live without Freddy's?  ;D

Palifan

Quote from: aura of foreboding on September 13, 2017, 01:38:18 AM
I think Steve is referencing the other Portland, the one with Hillsborough in a different state and the one lacking the Fred Meyer!   How does one live without Freddy's?  ;D

Ha! I didn't even think about that and Freddy's is definitely my go to shop for toys (mainly as I can walk to it on my lunch break).

Ian