Godzilla 2 Filming Starts today & Mothra,Rodan, King Ghidorah Are all in it!!!!!

Started by emazers, June 19, 2017, 06:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Bad Wolf

Not sure how I feel about Ghidorah being in this one. The next one will be the big showdown between Godzilla and King Kong, but I have a feeling they'll wind up teaming up in the end...but against whom? Hard to top Ghidorah. A natural progression might be the creation of a man-made monster like Destroyah or Biollante, but they're not as well known in the US. I could see Adam Wingard going with a surprise choice in Hedorah as he's expressed a lot of love toward that particular monster, but fans might be disappointed since Hedorah is something of a C-List kaiju at best in terms of his popularity. Mechagodzilla would be an obvious choice down the road but I don't see them going with his Showa origin, so he wouldn't really be a villain at all since he'd be piloted by us humans. Unless of course the humans piloting him were villains...

I'm excited to see where they go, don't get me wrong, but I hope they manage to keep things interesting after this one uses such a heavy hitter like Ghidorah for the big bad.
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

the_horror_man

I am really looking forward to this. However, I wish it wasn't the 2014 version of Godzilla. I think as time goes on, I like the look of the 2014 Godzilla less and less. The movie was good, just not that big on the look. Now if we had Shin Godzilla facing off again all those other monsters, that would really interest me.

I think Shin Godzilla is one of the greatest Kaiju films ever made. They really should leave making Godzilla films to TOHO.

thm

LundyAfterMidnight

Quote from: the_horror_man on June 23, 2017, 02:11:24 AM
I am really looking forward to this. However, I wish it wasn't the 2014 version of Godzilla. I think as time goes on, I like the look of the 2014 Godzilla less and less. The movie was good, just not that big on the look. Now if we had Shin Godzilla facing off again all those other monsters, that would really interest me.

I think Shin Godzilla is one of the greatest Kaiju films ever made. They really should leave making Godzilla films to TOHO.

thm

I concur.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Count_Zirock

There have been hints that a lot of the creature effects will be done as practical effects, in order to save time and money. That means suitmation! It's already been stated that Godzilla is getting a bit of a redesign in order to allow for a suit actor. Maybe those weird "elephant feet" will get an overhaul?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

the_horror_man

Quote from: Count_Zirock on August 10, 2017, 06:51:46 AM
There have been hints that a lot of the creature effects will be done as practical effects, in order to save time and money. That means suitmation! It's already been stated that Godzilla is getting a bit of a redesign in order to allow for a suit actor. Maybe those weird "elephant feet" will get an overhaul?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I hope so. I was not big on the look of the 2014 Godzilla.

thm