Author Topic: ANNABELLE: CREATION (2017)  (Read 221 times)

Lunkenstein

• Sergeant
  • "Now go do that voodoo, that you do, so well!!"
    • Brain of Lunkenstein
ANNABELLE: CREATION (2017)
« on: August 11, 2017, 11:39:52 AM »
My daughter and I are huge fans of THE CONJURING films and enjoyed the first ANNABELLE as well. We went to see this last night and loved it! Definitely a prime example of a sequel far surpassing it's predecessor.  Highly recommend it.
Paul

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
Re: ANNABELLE: CREATION (2017)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:56:29 PM »
My daughter and I are huge fans of THE CONJURING films and enjoyed the first ANNABELLE as well. We went to see this last night and loved it! Definitely a prime example of a sequel far surpassing it's predecessor.  Highly recommend it.

Yes, imo, The Conjuring 2, was better than The Conjuring. I am supposed to go see Annabelle Creation this weekend.

thm

Lunkenstein

• Sergeant
  • "Now go do that voodoo, that you do, so well!!"
    • Brain of Lunkenstein
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 04:09:14 PM »
I think you'll really enjoy it thm.
Paul

Gillfan

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 06:39:50 PM »
I saw this and enjoyed it thoroughly.

I love all kinds of horror. Jason killing frisky teens, mutants getting busy with lost travelers, horny aliens, it's all good.
But Annabelle Creation (aka Annabelle 2) is a return I feel to classic horror. No nudity, no swearing, very minimal gore, just nice practical effects, atmosphere, and good solid scares.

Great use of sound, great design. A nice, solid, fun film.

Go see this film and then wonder why so many films get the formula wrong.

Big Bad Wolf

• Sergeant
  • Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 09:51:07 PM »
I loved it. I found it much better than the first Annabelle film, but it was nice to see how it tied into that one in the end. Also, the folks at Universal should take some notes about how to start a shared universe, because this "Conjuring Universe" is off to a great start.

Speaking of which, I need to mention that anyone who has seen all the Conjuring films so far needs to stay after the credits. There's a mid-credits scene that doesn't really doing anything special, but after ALL the credits go by, there's one more brief scene hinting at the next Conjuring Universe film, and I for one am intrigued by the setting they're implying. In short, bring on The Nun!

Also? The preview for It was incredible. I wasn't thrilled about the first glimpse of Pennywise, but holy crap am I won over now thanks to the great trailers and now this preview clip. I really think Bill Skarsgard is going to deliver a very special performance here.
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 10:08:57 AM »
I don't think this lived up to Annabelle but that one set the bar fairly high.  These are getting a little to predictable and formulaic but I'll still be there to check out The Nun and all in all there were still some good scares and use of tension/suspense.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »
I liked it. Thought it was good with a scary essence throughout.

thm

Haunted hearse

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 06:43:37 PM »
We laughed when we saw a cameo in the film of the kind of doll that was the actual Annabelle.  I liked it a lot.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 06:54:33 PM »
It was lovely. The brief appearance of Valak, and the tying of the world of the Conjuring being a shared universe concept, was subtle but quite effective. This film was a delightful throwback with the exception of modern cgi. Albeit limited cgi.
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"