HorroLit_zpsa39e2bb6.jpg~original

Author Topic: A Werewolf Remembers: The Testament Of Lawrence Stewart Talbot  (Read 1833 times)

Memphremagog

• Sergeant
  • Strange days have found us...
I have just finished reading this book and I have to say that it is one magnificent homage to the classic era horror films of the golden age. It concerns itself with the life story of Larry Talbot aka the Wolf Man and does an incredible job of filling in all the blanks of the Wolf Man's appearances and even gives an explanation as to what happened to him, Count Dracula and the Frankenstein Monster after the events of A&C Meet Frankenstein in 1948.

Written with great detail, author Frank J. Dello Stritto ties in many of the Universal horrors of the era from the Frankenstein and Dracula films to such other movies as WEREWOLF OF LONDON, THE INVISIBLE RAY, THE MUMMY, THE MUMMY'S GHOST and  CURSE, HOUSE OF HORRORS, the Ape Woman trilogy, THE PHANTOM CREEPS, THE FROZEN GHOST, PILLOW OF DEATH and SHE-WOLF OF LONDON.

This is just the tip of the iceberg as Talbot's story references directly or indirectly other non-Universal horrors such as THE UNDYING MONSTER, THE MAD MONSTER, RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE, CRY OF THE WEREWOLF, CAT PEOPLE, THE APE MAN, RETURN OF THE APE MAN, THE DEVIL BAT, CONDEMNED TO LIVE, THE VAMPIRE BAT, THE MAGICIAN, THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME, KING KONG, CHANDU THE MAGICIAN, SHE, MURDERS IN THE ZOO, DOCTOR X, THE RETURN OF DR.X, THE GHOUL, THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY, THE MONSTER MAKER, REVENGE OF THE ZOMBIES, THE FLYING SERPENT, DONOVAN'S BRAIN, THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, THE BRAIN THAT COULDNT DIE, SHE-DEMONS, INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, KEY LARGO, WHITE HEAT, NORTH TO THE KLONDIKE, CITIZEN KANE, THE LEGEND OF BOGGY CREEK, THE INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN, THE ALLIGATOR PEOPLE, THE TERROR, THE EXORCIST, WOLF and even television episodes of THRILLER(The Incredible Doktor Markisan) and the MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.(The Brain-Killer Affair). This is done with out straining credulity and must have taken years of research.

The story also presents decent explanations for Talbot's resurrection after HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN and his reverting to lycanthropy after being cured in HOUSE OF DRACULA..

I found this book to be one incredible read and a must for any fans of the classic horrors..greatly entertaining. It can be found on Amazon and although it's in hardback and not cheap, it is certainly worth the price. This is destined to be a classic such as Jeff Rovin's RETURN OF THE WOLF MAN has become in recent years. Not to be missed! :)
The difference between martyrdom & suicide is press coverage...

Remco Wolfman

Re: A Werewolf Remembers: The Testament Of Lawrence Stewart Talbot
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:28:12 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a question for you about this book. If it were to have a film rating would it be more PG/PG-13 or R? For example I would probably rate Return of the Wolfman a PG-13. No over the top profanity or any sex (which I sincerely appreciated considering the source material).

Thanks in advance.

Memphremagog

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 01:00:23 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a question for you about this book. If it were to have a film rating would it be more PG/PG-13 or R? For example I would probably rate Return of the Wolfman a PG-13. No over the top profanity or any sex (which I sincerely appreciated considering the source material).

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the long delay in response; I would rate it with an R rating as there are some graphic depictions of the Wolf Man's kills given here. No profanity, just the grimness of just what an attack from the Wolf Man would be like.

fjdello

• New Recruit
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 08:18:31 PM »
Thanks for the fine review, and I am glad that you enjoyed my book,

Yes,  the descriptions of some of The Wolf Man's kills are a bit graphic. They are Lawrence Talbot's memories of his kills. They are the images that he must live with, and are part of his suffering.

FRANK

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 08:43:34 PM »
Wow.  Gotta check it out.

Memphremagog

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 10:18:26 PM »
Thanks for the fine review, and I am glad that you enjoyed my book,

Yes,  the descriptions of some of The Wolf Man's kills are a bit graphic. They are Lawrence Talbot's memories of his kills. They are the images that he must live with, and are part of his suffering.

FRANK

Once again, a fantastic story! Thank you so much for the obvious care and effort put into the book!! :)