Typical Time to Pay

Started by CerebusLives, July 24, 2017, 10:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CerebusLives

Wasn't sure where to list this one, but since I had purchased the mask during this transaction I figured what the hey.
Long story short on EBay I had purchased a mask not a terribly expensive mask $250; I won it at 11 pm the notification came to and by two am I had gotten a payment reminder from the seller.   What's your guys' opinion or usual payment frame.   Now I agree to immediate payment on a buy it now, but an auction I feel like you should have at least twenty four hours to pay up

May you find your worth in the waking world

Kidagain

Three hours seems damn quick to get a reminder to pay up for an item.Do you know what it said in the listing about payment time line?

the_horror_man

3 Hours does seem quick. However, maybe it is an automated response? I usually pay right after the auction is over unless it is really late at night, then I'll pay in the morning.

thm

CerebusLives

Yep exactly it was too late to pay that night so I figured I'd either do it in the morning before work or in the evening
Nope nothing in the descriptions about payments.   I thought it was automatically sent as well but it was a full fledged email :(.  Apparently I have to, when I sell, be more demanding of things
May you find your worth in the waking world

lblambert

This sounds like the jackwagon I had a dealing with a few years ago. I bid on an auction while I was at an airport waiting to depart and the auction ended while I was in the air. The flight was 3 hours and, when I landed, I checked to see the auction results and I had won. It was about an hour after the auction closed and I had an email threatening to report me as a non-paying bidder if I didn't pay "immediately". Of course there was nothing in the auction about payment being required within the hour.  ::)