Author Topic: R.I.P., George A. Romero  (Read 226 times)

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
Re: R.I.P., George A. Romero
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 10:33:24 AM »

His NOTLD and the sequels are modern zombies to me.

I never cared for all the  "improved" living dead movies by others and I can't stand the TV series.  Living dead/zombie movies have been so over-done and over used in horror and sci-fi that I wouldn't mind if they never made another one.

Still love the old ones, though.

Thanks, George!

(I wonder if fans will be leaving rubber brains in lieu of flowers on his grave.)

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 10:44:17 AM »

Funny and sad at the same time:

ADAM

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »

(I wonder if fans will be leaving rubber brains in lieu of flowers on his grave.)

What makes you think they'd be rubber brains? Nothing but the real thing for 'ol  George.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 11:50:12 AM »

It's not funny. It's disrespectful and sloppy.  >:( >:( >:(
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 12:28:32 PM »
It's not funny. It's disrespectful and sloppy.  >:( >:( >:(

I'll bet at least one (if not both) would get a chuckle out of it.

People screw up.  I'll go with "sloppy", but I don't believe any disrespect was intended.
ADAM

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 12:51:38 PM »
I should clarify my thoughts: the disrespect comes from the sloppiness. I have delivered numerous final words for people over the years.  Some were friends. Others co-workers, that I didn't know as well as I liked, but was asked to be involved in their ceremony. The one thing you always do is research. To mess up in this manner means little research was done. Rushed, and sloppy. Surely not intentionally disrespectful....but a disservice none the less, imho.  :angel:
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

KelG1

• Private First Class
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 03:04:42 PM »
"Yes take them out and burn them. The be-grieved will have to forego the dubious comforts a funeral may provide. They are just dead flesh--and dangerous!"

Robert W

• Corporal
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 04:43:24 PM »
I remember sitting in a sold out house to see Creepshow back during its original run. Each big "set-piece" fx pay-off got a bigger scream than the last. By the time of the cockroach finale the audience was literally on the verge of rioting in approval. Seriously, William Castle would've killed to have gotten a response like that.

Hard to believe he's passed. He seemed like such a genuinely likable guy who was so unabashedly devoted to the genre. His death leaves a void in the cinematic world that can never be filled.

Lunkenstein

• Corporal
  • "Now go do that voodoo, that you do, so well!!"
    • Brain of Lunkenstein
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 06:03:47 PM »
Lost track of how many times I saw NOTLD at drive-ins back in the day. RIP to a great director who really delivered the goods.
Paul

BRICK

• Corporal
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 06:36:44 PM »

No, what's sad is if a Kardashian had died, they would have gotten the caption correct!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:57:25 PM by BRICK »
When times are dark, donít consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 10:19:55 AM »
Was really sad to hear this. I was lucky enough to meet him at Monsterpalooza 2015. Glad I was able to while he was still around.

Love his films. Like many of us here Dawn of the Dead was a particular favorite. Saw it in it's original theatrical run and then later on a double bill with Evil Dead which I hadn't seen until that night. Wasn't that a surprise!  ;D Happy to have this copy of the script for DOTD signed by George when I met him at 'palooza. I'll cherish it even more now. R.I.P. George, we'll miss you.

Awesome photo, G.G.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
  • They're dead...they're all messed up.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 10:20:49 AM »
Awesome photo, G.G.

Thanks marsattacks666! A great memory for sure.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 01:04:15 PM »
Thanks marsattacks666! A great memory for sure.

I'm trying to locate mine to post.

:D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."