Author Topic: War of the Gargnatuas figures coming soon  (Read 1120 times)

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
War of the Gargnatuas figures coming soon
« on: July 11, 2017, 12:04:33 AM »
Bandai is making their first ever Sanda and Gaira figures from the Kaiju classic War of the Gargantuas. For this scale of vinyl, they look great. These are being offered from Amok Time. Just ordered mine. ;D

thm

http://www.amoktime.com/bandai-war-of-the-gargantuas-sanda-brown-gargantua-6inch-size-vinyl-figure.html

http://www.amoktime.com/bandai-war-of-the-gargantuas-gaira-green-gargantua-6inch-size-vinyl-figure.html

geezer butler

• Sergeant
Re: War of the Gargnatuas figures coming soon
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 06:42:55 PM »
Sick! Thanks for posting.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »
Sick! Thanks for posting.

Yes, I am surprised that Bandai never did this figures. X plus did a great job with their Sanda and Gaira. However, theirs were based on models that came out before. When I saw these smaller representations of the characters, I thought they were awesome.  Also, they will fit in great with the Bandai 6 inch scale line.

thm

mjaycox

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 10:56:48 PM »
Unfortunately not poseable  :(
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

Count Zachula

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 12:33:34 PM »
I'm really stoked for these figures but $75 a pop for a 6 inch figure is INSANE.  I'd rather spend $400 on the X Plus figures set.

Joseph_Baeza

• Sergeant
  • Dr. Moreau: Have you forgotten the house of pain?
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »
I'm really stoked for these figures but $75 a pop for a 6 inch figure is INSANE.  I'd rather spend $400 on the X Plus figures set.
I'm with you, Count.  I'd rather spend that money towards one of the many wonderful 12" Vinyl X-Plus Kaiju figures, than $75 on a little 6-inch figure (unless it's a Mezco 1:12 Universal monster, of course!).

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 09:41:57 PM »

These Bandai figures are probably $75 because they are imports. I believe the figures themselves go for around $35. However, by the time the importer imports them and ships them to people, the cost doubles. Considering the figure cost, the importing and the shipping, $75 is actually pretty reasonable or expected.

If you can find the X plus Gargantua figures, they are probably selling for 3 times that what they originally did.  I saw, I believe, the original issue of them for like $600 something. Haven't seen any of the reissue come up for sale.

thm

Wolfman66

• Sergeant
  • Right Behind you!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 11:02:55 PM »
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 11:27:18 PM »
You all can try here for them 6,900 yen which is 61.12 in US dollars. https://www.cstoysjapan.com/products/sept-2017-premium-bandai-exclusive-the-war-of-the-gargantuas-gaira6.9

The link says page not found, site maintenance. Does the $61.12 include shipping?

thm

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 01:29:24 PM »
When I was a kid, I dreamed of stuffed Gargantuas. They would have vinyl faces and their chests and hands would be made of a kind of naugahyde material. The rest would be furry brown or green fabric. I wanted them to be comparable to my stuffed '76 King Kong. I thought I would take them both to bed and make sure they were separated so they wouldn't fight each other in the night. My Kong would be there in case they got rowdy. So this was how developed my fantasy world was for toys that didn't even exist. You can imagine what kind of dreamworld I built around the toys I actually owned.
Raymond Castile

Gaira

• New Recruit
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »
I'll pass.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 11:21:49 PM »
When I was a kid, I dreamed of stuffed Gargantuas. They would have vinyl faces and their chests and hands would be made of a kind of naugahyde material. The rest would be furry brown or green fabric. I wanted them to be comparable to my stuffed '76 King Kong. I thought I would take them both to bed and make sure they were separated so they wouldn't fight each other in the night. My Kong would be there in case they got rowdy. So this was how developed my fantasy world was for toys that didn't even exist. You can imagine what kind of dreamworld I built around the toys I actually owned.

This is great story and a great idea. ;D

thm