Vinyl is velcome!

Started by The Drunken Severed Head, January 17, 2009, 04:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChattyLMS

And a vinyl tablecloth for each table!
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Bogey

Quote from: mike c on January 19, 2009, 02:44:48 PM
Fliers for said gathering to be copied on ditto machines.

Mike C.

And served cold and wet.  No paste for me.  Please pass the vintage Elmer's so I can make a second skin on my palm and peel it off.

Monster Bob

While Elmer's was the product for skin casting, it tasted *blecch*. So did that clear yellow stuff in the bottle that had the flat orange slit-rubber-nipple-thing on top.

Not at all like tasty Huck/Yogi Paste (LePage's maybe?), which came in blue, red or yellow plastic 'head' shaped container, with built in spatula/applicator. And yes, I remember it being kind of minty tasting.

Again I say...Mmmmmm....... ;)

mike c

I think 'Mucelage' is the maple syrup-lookin' junk in the bottle with the angled rubber applicator. I always considered it the 'big kids glue', because we little kids were only allowed Elmer's White and those awesome purple glue sticks; all the 4th-and-uppers had LePage's Mucelage as well.
Or was it 'mucilege'? Spelling, anyone?

Mike C.

Scatter

Look at all the toxic wonders the kids of today miss out on!! And they all have ADHD. I'm going to fund a study which proves that toxic Ditto paper and copious ingestion of old school glues cure ADHD in laboratory rats.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Monster Bob

Woo hoo.............

Look for the familiar white poodle box...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXnzdKKAKw4

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

Bogey

Scatter

EXCELLENT visual aids fellas!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

CreepysFan

Great commercial Monster Bob, admittedly I used to munch on my dogs Milk-Bone snacks a few times. They really didn't taste bad at all (the worst part was the reproch I got when caught).  Scooby snacks anyone?
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

packy120353

QuoteI think 'Mucelage' is the maple syrup-lookin' junk in the bottle/quote]

We called it "rubber cement" no idea why. Funny name though -

neonnoodle

Mucilage, I think it was spelled...weird stuff, never used it, always saw those bottles...it would crystallize into a weird brittle skin around the nozzle/applicator tip.  Can you still get that stuff?

The paste photos and ads are too much!  I don't recall the character head bottles, only the plain white bottles.  Paste!  I'm glad everyone had some paste.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Monster Bob

Quote from: CreepysFan on January 20, 2009, 06:40:54 AM
  They really didn't taste bad at all (the worst part was the reproch I got when caught).  Scooby snacks anyone?

Creepy...

Yes...my grandma used to give us hell for eating Milkbones- we'd sneek 'em in the closet. "They'll give you worms!" she'd say. We never got worms. But they did seem to have ground gravel or something in them...to clean fido's teeth I guess? Regardless, we liked 'em!

And they did make Scooby snacks for dogs a few years ago. Had I been 6, I would've been eating those, too.

MDG

Quote from: Monster Bob on January 20, 2009, 01:36:40 PM
And they did make Scooby snacks for dogs a few years ago. Had I been 6, I would've been eating those, too.
They still make them. When I was a kid, we used to get my dog treats called "Doggie Donuts" that were delicious--tasted like stale donuts. My mom stopped buying them because the dog only got 3 or 4 out of the box.
MDG

Monster Bob

That's funny. Our dog sucked back then, he bit. I just stayed away from him (a damn black poodle named Mike), and ate his Milkbones. Maybe that's why he hated me (well, all kids). My Grandma had a sweet collie called Lassie, though. Great dog.

ChattyLMS

This thread is a riot!  I laugh my head off everytime I read yet another post!

QuotePlease pass the vintage Elmer's so I can make a second skin on my palm and peel it off.

I'm a music sub, but I can sub in other classrooms including art.  That's one of the reasons why I don't do art.  I can't stand kids picking glue off of their fingers!  (Also crayons and little bit of construcion paper all over, no visible talent for that sort of thing)  In music, I never find music notes laying around waiting to be swept up.

Mucilage - We always called it rubber cement, to.. It smelled horrible, I swear you could get high off of it like the old model glues.  Mostly I hate it because it looks like
SNOT!
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)