Author Topic: Vinyl is velcome!  (Read 6259 times)

ChattyLMS

• Sergeant
  • I'm so cute!
Re: Vinyl is velcome!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »
And a vinyl tablecloth for each table!
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Bogey

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 01:10:05 PM »
Fliers for said gathering to be copied on ditto machines.

Mike C.

And served cold and wet.  No paste for me.  Please pass the vintage Elmer's so I can make a second skin on my palm and peel it off.

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 01:32:54 PM »

While Elmer's was the product for skin casting, it tasted *blecch*. So did that clear yellow stuff in the bottle that had the flat orange slit-rubber-nipple-thing on top.

Not at all like tasty Huck/Yogi Paste (LePage's maybe?), which came in blue, red or yellow plastic 'head' shaped container, with built in spatula/applicator. And yes, I remember it being kind of minty tasting.

Again I say...Mmmmmm....... ;)

mike c

• Sergeant
  • A very fine day.
    • The Skull & Pumpkin, est. 1968
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 01:36:52 PM »
I think 'Mucelage' is the maple syrup-lookin' junk in the bottle with the angled rubber applicator. I always considered it the 'big kids glue', because we little kids were only allowed Elmer's White and those awesome purple glue sticks; all the 4th-and-uppers had LePage's Mucelage as well.
 Or was it 'mucilege'? Spelling, anyone?

Mike C.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:24:59 PM by mike c »

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 05:22:11 PM »
Look at all the toxic wonders the kids of today miss out on!! And they all have ADHD. I'm going to fund a study which proves that toxic Ditto paper and copious ingestion of old school glues cure ADHD in laboratory rats.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 10:24:55 PM »

Woo hoo.............

Look for the familiar white poodle box...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

Bogey

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2009, 10:55:16 PM »

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009, 10:57:38 PM »
EXCELLENT visual aids fellas!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

CreepysFan

• Sergeant
  • UNCLE CREEPY
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2009, 01:40:54 AM »
 Great commercial Monster Bob, admittedly I used to munch on my dogs Milk-Bone snacks a few times. They really didn't taste bad at all (the worst part was the reproch I got when caught).  Scooby snacks anyone?
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

packy120353

• Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2009, 08:13:29 AM »
I think 'Mucelage' is the maple syrup-lookin' junk in the bottle/quote]

We called it "rubber cement" no idea why. Funny name though -

neonnoodle

• Sergeant
  • Horror Express
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2009, 08:19:28 AM »
Mucilage, I think it was spelled...weird stuff, never used it, always saw those bottles...it would crystallize into a weird brittle skin around the nozzle/applicator tip.  Can you still get that stuff?

The paste photos and ads are too much!  I don't recall the character head bottles, only the plain white bottles.  Paste!  I'm glad everyone had some paste.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2009, 08:36:40 AM »
  They really didn't taste bad at all (the worst part was the reproch I got when caught).  Scooby snacks anyone?

Creepy...

Yes...my grandma used to give us hell for eating Milkbones- we'd sneek 'em in the closet. "They'll give you worms!" she'd say. We never got worms. But they did seem to have ground gravel or something in them...to clean fido's teeth I guess? Regardless, we liked 'em!

And they did make Scooby snacks for dogs a few years ago. Had I been 6, I would've been eating those, too.

MDG

• Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2009, 10:08:25 AM »
And they did make Scooby snacks for dogs a few years ago. Had I been 6, I would've been eating those, too.
They still make them. When I was a kid, we used to get my dog treats called "Doggie Donuts" that were delicious--tasted like stale donuts. My mom stopped buying them because the dog only got 3 or 4 out of the box.
MDG

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2009, 10:28:20 AM »

That's funny. Our dog sucked back then, he bit. I just stayed away from him (a damn black poodle named Mike), and ate his Milkbones. Maybe that's why he hated me (well, all kids). My Grandma had a sweet collie called Lassie, though. Great dog.

ChattyLMS

• Sergeant
  • I'm so cute!
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2009, 12:23:07 PM »
This thread is a riot!  I laugh my head off everytime I read yet another post!

Please pass the vintage Elmer's so I can make a second skin on my palm and peel it off.

I'm a music sub, but I can sub in other classrooms including art.  That's one of the reasons why I don't do art.  I can't stand kids picking glue off of their fingers!  (Also crayons and little bit of construcion paper all over, no visible talent for that sort of thing)  In music, I never find music notes laying around waiting to be swept up.

Mucilage - We always called it rubber cement, to.. It smelled horrible, I swear you could get high off of it like the old model glues.  Mostly I hate it because it looks like
SNOT!
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)