Peele produces 'Lovecraft Country' for HBO

Started by Count_Zirock, May 19, 2017, 05:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

http://deadline.com/2017/05/jordan-peele-lovecraft-country-hbo-series-misha-green-1202095066/

The writer and director of "Get Out" will be the executive producer behind "Lovecraft Country," a just ordered drama series based around a Matt Ruff novel about a 1950s road trip through the Jim Crow South.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Mord

"Get Out" is an exceptional horror film. I'll definitely give this a shot.

long live kong

Read a bit about this the other day. Sounds interesting. Surely it's only a matter of time before we get a decent Lovecraft movie/series.
Quote from: Mord on May 19, 2017, 09:35:08 PM
"Get Out" is an exceptional horror film. I'll definitely give this a shot.
Still haven't seen this mord, but I did finally see 'Don't Breath' the other night. It was a good yarn, with some very tense moments. It was like the blackout scene from the end of The Silence of the Lambs mixed with The People Under the Stairs (the turkey baster scene was pretty disturbing). I was glad to see the burglars get their comeuppance but was rooting for them by the end.
Monster lovers never grow old....

Big Bad Wolf

Get Out was great, and the novel Lovecraft Country is one of the best things I've read recently. This is a great pairing so I can't wait to see it. Hopefully this is successful enough for more direct Lovecraft adaptations in the future.
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

long live kong

Finally got around to watching 'Get Out' last night, and I absolutely loved it. The acting was very good, especially the lead guy. In fact, I thought most of the black actor's performances stood out in this movie (the maid and gardener were really creepy and tragic as well as the uncle Tom/slave character). I would even go so far as saying it matched the Wicker Man with it's sense of impending doom and suspense, but was only let down by the ending which was a little ad hoc.

Mord

Great, great film! The bluray has an alternate ending. I'll have to check out the difference  (though, I was satisfied with the original ending myself). I'm very optimistic about the future of horror with films like Get Out, It Follows, and Don't Breathe carrying the torch.

long live kong

Yep. It's about time we started getting some decent horror movies. I was starting to think the genre was finished (with regards to quality not commercial success) but I'll be happy to be proved wrong. I'm watching 'The Void' tonight, another horror I've heard good things about.