Author Topic: Let's see your Movie Posters  (Read 8808 times)

Creepy

• Sergeant
  • The Haunted Cinema-Where Monsters and Movies Meet!
    • The Haunted Cinema
Let's see your Movie Posters
« on: May 13, 2017, 08:34:32 AM »
Movie posters are probably my first collecting love, and my real passion. Like my masks, about 10 years ago I sold off my collection and recently started back into the hobby.

I also love seeing what other people have and would enjoy looking at what the folks here have.

Here are my recent additions;

This poster for Maniac is one of the best posters for 80's horror. Truly a cool piece.

Like so many vintage posters, the poster for Teh Werewolf vs. Vampire Woman is waaaay cooler than the film. The movie is a definite slow burn early 70's grindhouse pic, but it does have Paul NaschY!! Even thought they spelled his name wrong on the poster...he's listed as Paul Nash.

This poster is a recent silk screen work done by Rhys Cooper. It was limited to 150 and simply beautiful. I really love the new trend (started by Mondo) of artists reimagining movie posters from the past.

Check out my Vintage posters and Masks at The Haunted Cinema

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
Re: Let's see your Movie Posters
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 08:55:56 AM »
Creepy, great thread and nice collection of posters.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »
I have the Werewolf Shadow Belgian poster. Here's a net pic.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Creepy

• Sergeant
    • The Haunted Cinema
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 01:25:34 PM »
That's a cool poster. Naschy did some bonkers Werewolf films.

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 01:44:38 PM »
That's a cool poster. Naschy did some bonkers Werewolf films.
Werewolf Shadow is the original Spanish uncut version of the cut U.S. release retitled The Werewolf Vs. The Vampire Woman. It made Naschy an international star. He's credited as "Paul Nash" on your poster because the film was made as Americanized as possible for the U.S. release.

Check out the uncut version on the BCI DVD release of Werewolf Shadow. It's OOP and a little pricey, but worth it. I expected it to come out on Blu Ray with the many Naschy BDs being released this year but no word yet. It's his flagship film and my favorite. I'm a big Naschy fan.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Creepy

• Sergeant
    • The Haunted Cinema
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 02:27:17 PM »
Werewolf Shadow is the original Spanish uncut version of the cut U.S. release retitled The Werewolf Vs. The Vampire Woman. It made Naschy an international star. He's credited as "Paul Nash" on your poster because the film was made as Americanized as possible for the U.S. release.

Check out the uncut version on the BCI DVD release of Werewolf Shadow. It's OOP and a little pricey, but worth it. I expected it to come out on Blu Ray with the many Naschy BDs being released this year but no word yet. It's his flagship film and my favorite. I'm a big Naschy fan.

I have a Synergy Entertainment version that appears to be burned from a crappy VHS. At parts the print is so dark that it is near unwatchable.

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 05:51:56 PM »
Get this, unless you want to be patient and wait for a Blu ray release.

The double feature is around the same price as just the BCI Werewolf Shadow, so you may as well get Curse Of The Devil thrown in. Uncut, good prints and transfers, and special features.

The BCIs have Naschy intros, and Werewolf Shadow includes the best copy of The Werewolf Vs. The Vampire Woman you're likely to find as a bonus. It's better than many of the PD set copies and boots floating around.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

charp13

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 12:23:07 PM »
My lordy, those are beautiful! 

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »
More, more, more! Please!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

BRICK

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 04:50:15 PM »
Here are a few posters that I cleaned up and color-corrected (okay I kicked the color WAY up) in Photoshop. On some of them the colors are totally modified, so they are basically one-of-a-kind. Then I had them professionally printed at a print show that I go to every year.

When times are dark, donít consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Creepy

• Sergeant
    • The Haunted Cinema
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 07:08:49 PM »
Here are a few posters that I cleaned up and color-corrected (okay I kicked the color WAY up) in Photoshop. On some of them the colors are totally modified, so they are basically one-of-a-kind. Then I had them professionally printed at a print show that I go to every year.

Those are really cool!! I love the color.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 07:57:52 PM »
(okay I kicked the color WAY up)

You sure did, but I like it!  What's a "print show"? Did you mean "shop"?
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

BRICK

• Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 08:34:11 PM »
What's a "print show"? Did you mean "shop"?

No, not a print shop. A print show is where manufacturers demonstrate large scale printers and plotters, and hand out free printed samples. If you come in with a flash drive, most of the time they will print stuff out for you.
When times are dark, donít consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 08:59:23 PM »
If you come in with a flash drive, most of the time they will print stuff out for you.

Nothin' wrong with free!  ;D
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 09:14:43 PM »
Movie posters are probably my first collecting love, and my real passion. Like my masks, about 10 years ago I sold off my collection and recently started back into the hobby.

I also love seeing what other people have and would enjoy looking at what the folks here have.

Here are my recent additions;

This poster for Maniac is one of the best posters for 80's horror. Truly a cool piece.

Like so many vintage posters, the poster for Teh Werewolf vs. Vampire Woman is waaaay cooler than the film. The movie is a definite slow burn early 70's grindhouse pic, but it does have Paul NaschY!! Even thought they spelled his name wrong on the poster...he's listed as Paul Nash.

This poster is a recent silk screen work done by Rhys Cooper. It was limited to 150 and simply beautiful. I really love the new trend (started by Mondo) of artists reimagining movie posters from the past.

That Maniac poster is awesome.

thm