Author Topic: Diener Industries figures!  (Read 640 times)

Hepcat

• Sergeant
Re: Diener Industries figures!
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 10:46:09 AM »
I must have Happy Meals one, then.

Speaking of Happy Meals, at the age of twenty there's no way we would have stepped up to the counter at McDonald's by ourselves and ordered a Happy Meal. We would have been much too cool for that. Of course we wouldn't have been collecting little rubbery plastic figures either so that would have presented no problem.

At the age of 35 having been bitten by the collecting bug we might have stepped up to the counter at McDonald's and sheepishly ordered  a dozen Happy Meals "for the hungry kids in the van on the soccer team we coach".

At the age of fifty though we just step up to the counter like confident full grown men and order a dozen Happy Meals. Then when the girl says "You must have a whole team of kids in the van", we just sneer and reply "What kids? I just collect the little toys that come with the Happy Meals. The food I donate to the Mission on the corner."

;)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:45:58 AM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

• Army Administrator
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 10:52:32 AM »
The food I donate to the Mission on the corner.

When the BK monsters came out in '97, I didn't even order any food. I just drove up to the window and asked for this week's monster.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 12:21:00 PM »
Are the large and small Dinosaurs made of exactly the same rubbery material?

The smaller ones are much softer.

It would be interesting to compare the hardness/flexibility of the separate Dinosaur issues to that of your Space Creatures, particularly if you know whether your Space Creatures were given away as part of Happy Meals or issued on rack cards.

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »
The smaller ones are much softer.

It would be interesting to compare the hardness/flexibility of the separate Dinosaur issues to that of your Space Creatures, particularly if you know whether your Space Creatures were given away as part of Happy Meals or issued on rack cards.

???
My Space Creatures are Brown and rather hard. My large dinos are hardish and different colors. My small dinos are very soft and different colors.

With the conflicting info in some of the links we posted it seems like we're still not close to the facts about hardness and color dictating release types. To be honest I'm okay with what I have and I won't be looking for any more Dieners. I only collect monsters and dinos anyway, so I'll pass on the other sets (even though the Mythological Creatures could be considered monsters I guess). If I found nice packaged Space Creatures and dinos for cheap I would probably pick them up, but they're near the bottom of my want list currently.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...