Lindberg/Round2 Pirates reissues cancelled?!!

Started by StyreneDude, May 04, 2017, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StyreneDude

My local hobby shop guy called me today to tell me the two Hex Marks the Spot kits I preordered were now listed as discontinued by the manufacturer and removed from his order system!!

NOOOOOOO!!! What happened?!! Did Disney have something to do with this?

Anybody here know anything?

Universal Steve

I just checked Cult TV Mans website and he still has it for preorder.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Wolfman66

Quote from: StyreneDude on May 04, 2017, 08:34:57 PM
My local hobby shop guy called me today to tell me the two Hex Marks the Spot kits I preordered were now listed as discontinued by the manufacturer and removed from his order system!!

NOOOOOOO!!! What happened?!! Did Disney have something to do with this?

Anybody here know anything?
I wouldn't doubt it as they do own the rights to the POTC.
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Wolfman66 on May 05, 2017, 03:33:50 PM
I wouldn't doubt it as they do own the rights to the POTC.

They own them lock stock and barrel considering they were a Disney theme park ride originally,lol. So--yeah, if anyone had a leg to stand on....the House of Mouse would win this one if they decided to get them cancelled.

Wolfman66

Quote from: Anton Phibes on May 05, 2017, 03:45:35 PM
They own them lock stock and barrel considering they were a Disney theme park ride originally,lol. So--yeah, if anyone had a leg to stand on....the House of Mouse would win this one if they decided to get them cancelled.
One thing is for sure dont cross the Mouse!
LOL
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

Mcdee

Just posted on Cultmans site

Earlier this week, Round 2 sales reps sent out an email to distributors indicating some kits had been cancelled.   And then, literally, an hour later, they uncancelled one of the kits.

First the good news.  Hex Marks the Spot, the reissue of the old MPC kit, has NOT been canceled.   In the original notice sent to distributors, the kit was on the cancellation list.   But the powers that be, promptly uncancelled the kit.   So it is still good to go for later in the year.  Exact release time is now To Be Announced.
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

Witchfinder

I got a cancellation notice from tower hobbies. Should I just order from another site?

StyreneDude

Quote from: Mcdee on May 06, 2017, 02:07:33 AM
Just posted on Cultmans site

Earlier this week, Round 2 sales reps sent out an email to distributors indicating some kits had been cancelled.   And then, literally, an hour later, they uncancelled one of the kits.

First the good news.  Hex Marks the Spot, the reissue of the old MPC kit, has NOT been canceled.   In the original notice sent to distributors, the kit was on the cancellation list.   But the powers that be, promptly uncancelled the kit.   So it is still good to go for later in the year.  Exact release time is now To Be Announced.

Thanks for the info McDee!! That's great news...any idea what the other kits were that did get canceled?

scooke123

The set of 5 Space Ships from Lindberg were cancelled for right now.

Mcdee

Mcdee

Witchfinder

Quote from: scooke123 on May 06, 2017, 04:35:04 AM
The set of 5 Space Ships from Lindberg were cancelled for right now.

Awww man, I was thinking about getting that set, That was a good price for all of those individual sets.

empty13

I've bought kits from several places online. cultTVman is probly the best to deal with.

empty13