Author Topic: Is This The Best They Could Come Up With?  (Read 1120 times)

Universal Steve

• Sergeant
  • There are far worse things awaiting man than death
    • Universal Steve
Is This The Best They Could Come Up With?
« on: April 20, 2017, 12:42:25 AM »
Found these at Entertainment Earth.  Universal Monster Tiki Glasses. Another horrible idea for collectors. Universal just doesn't know how to merchandise the monsters. Whoever has that job is only there for the paycheck because they are not putting out anything geared to the collector. I have seen expensive rings of the Bride and Frankenstein faces as well as a overpriced Frankenstein pendant..  Also cuff links of the same heads. I have seen  the Turtles as the monsters done again. Lastly beside the Blu Rays there are resin models of monster hands sculpted by Yeager that after you paint them, it is a soapdish, ???????????????????? Will the pain never end? The people in charge of merchandising need to find another line of work because they suck at what they do!!   Here is the link
 http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=universal%20monster%20tiki&eeshop=
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
Re: Is This The Best They Could Come Up With?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:31:08 AM »
Actually, I dig these. There are many Tiki collectors that are also Universal Monsters fans. Definitely a cross-collectible, and stylish. Really awesome.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Sir Masksalot

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 08:25:16 AM »
I'm with Universal Steve on this. I love tikis and the classic monsters
but combining the two disrespects both.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 09:06:55 AM »
I'm with Universal Steve on this. I love tikis and the classic monsters
but combining the two disrespects both.

Maybe they should should look into redoing and releasing Universal Monster masks. The ones they came out with in the past have been really nice. Maybe its time to release a new line.

thm

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:23 AM »
Absolutely no interest in these. I do collect Universal Monsters glasses. Not these mugs though.

The End.

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 10:05:57 AM »
I too like these and have been following Beeline's development of them for a couple of months via IG and FB. I completely understand why a number of people here have no interest in them, but I dig the fact that the company has created a unusual product that reaches out to an atypical audience and at a great price point. Would I change the designs a bit if I could? Yep, on each one and particularly on my favorite character, the Creature. Still, I think they are quirky fun from an small company and I will be pretty happy to have 'em on a shelf.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »
I too like these and have been following Beeline's development of them for a couple of months via IG and FB. I completely understand why a number of people here have no interest in them, but I dig the fact that the company has created a unusual product that reaches out to an atypical audience and at a great price point. Would I change the designs a bit if I could? Yep, on each one and particularly on my favorite character, the Creature. Still, I think they are quirky fun from an small company and I will be pretty happy to have 'em on a shelf.

;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Wolfman

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 11:18:27 AM »
These things are hideous imo. Everyone's collecting styles are different, and there's no right or wrong. That being said, I don't like my collection  (especially the displayable variety) being overloaded with cutesy looking monsters. They're monsters dammit!, and I want them to look like the ones I grew up with.

JP

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 11:37:40 AM »
The are definitely cute and creepy.

YoungestMonsterKid

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 06:35:37 PM »
I think these look pretty cool actually. I wouldn't buy it but I'd appreciate it as a gift. Personally, I think maybe it might be a good thing that they're slowing down on merchandise because you don't want to burn out all the good ideas.

At the same time though they haven't released that lunch box and that is a bad thing.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 06:43:06 PM »

At the same time though they haven't released that lunch box and that is a bad thing.
I would trade all the Monster Tikis, Re-Action figures, and every "Pop" figure ever made for that one lunchbox.

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 07:02:06 PM »
I would not necessarily take issue with these if we were getting A TON of Monster merchandise.  Unfortunately, we're in a dry spell.  I think that's why it hurts. 

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 10:58:06 PM »

Are they actually licensed?  I didn't see the Universal Studios seal or lettering on them.

I don't have any grief with them if they aren't licensed. 

ADAM

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 09:23:49 AM »
Are they actually licensed?  I didn't see the Universal Studios seal or lettering on them.

I don't have any grief with them if they aren't licensed.

I *think* they are. Beeline has made a lot of ballyhoo about licensing properties. There are a GREAT many unlicensed character tiki mugs popping up in small runs and large prices (three of the Creature alone that I know of) and this company's niche seems to be accessibly inexpensive runs of licensed character mugs. They've got Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, etc, and they certainly know that their Gill Man and Frankenstein's Monster are Universal's.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!