Author Topic: Mystic Timers Haunted Roller Coaster Review  (Read 202 times)

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

• Sergeant
Mystic Timers Haunted Roller Coaster Review
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:35:30 AM »
Hey Guys,

Our Louisville Halloween crew was invited to be among the first "victims" at Kings Island's new MYSTIC TIMBERS roller coaster this weekend. This new wooden coaster has a spooky theme and a Spook House style finale that might be of interest to monster fans. There are SPOILER WARNINGS clearly posted in the article where you can stop reading if you want to avoid the answer to the question, "What's in the Shed?,".

http://www.louisvillehalloween.com/mystic-timbers-roller-coaster-review/

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
Re: Mystic Timers Haunted Roller Coaster Review
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:53:44 AM »
My wife and I stood in line 3 hours Friday to ride this. It couldnt top Diamondback but it was a good ride.
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »
We waited two hours on Saturday afternoon. I also rode Diamondback for the first time and it blew me away! What an amazing coaster. What did you think of "the shed"?

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 10:31:53 AM »
Well, we had the front car, so the train started moving before we could see what it was.  Fortunately we were parked behind another train and since we were in the front we could see what it was before we got into the shed. The them was good, the coaster was good, the shed was a nice touch, albeit a tad less than the hype made me come to expect. Its better than the Banshee.
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 07:46:56 PM »
I still haven't experienced The Banshee. We didn't have time for that one this weekend.

The shed is a classic example of over hyping and under delivering, but the overall ride experience is fun. If I were to guess, I bet feedback on the shed will cause Kings Island to make some changes. There's nothing there that can't easily be improved.