When Did You Last Watch A Classic Universal Monster Movie?

Started by Toy Ranch, January 12, 2009, 01:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 10, 2019, 05:02:02 AM
Even my favorites I probably don't watch more that once a year. A lot of things maybe get watched once in 5 years. Just too many damn movies!  ;D

Yeah i try to watch my favorites at least once a year.

geezer butler

Frankenstein (1931)
The Black Cat (1934)

*very cool extras on Black Cat blue-ray; If you're in Detroit area the Redford Theater is showing The Black Cat and The Mummy as a double-feature in October. I'll prob be there.

Mord

Quote from: geezer butler on September 16, 2019, 02:33:10 AM
Frankenstein (1931)
The Black Cat (1934)

*very cool extras on Black Cat blue-ray; If you're in Detroit area the Redford Theater is showing The Black Cat and The Mummy as a double-feature in October. I'll prob be there.

The Black Cat is a personal favorite of mine. It's so lurid and dark (even by today's standards).

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on September 16, 2019, 03:12:11 AM
The Black Cat is a personal favorite of mine. It's so lurid and dark (even by today's standards).

Yeah I love it too. Karloff is off the charts awesome. Lugosi puts in a damn fine performance too. I love when he caresses her hair on the train. So freakin' creepy---and he's the good guy!! Movie way ahead of its time. 

Memphremagog

The Mummy's Hand(1940)
The Pearl Of Death(1944)..this afternoon
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mord

Creature from the Black Lagoon  (1954)
Revenge of the Creature (1955)

It felt like the perfect double feature for a sunny Southern California day. Life is good.

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

geezer butler

Rex fury

Last night. The Wolfman, with my son, right after he'd already watched four 50's sci-fi movies! That and two bags of Halloween candy and I have a classic monster hangover this morning😵
RF

Memphremagog

The Black Cat(1934)
The Raven(1935)
The Invisible Ray(1936)
Son Of Frankenstein(1939)...all today
DARK SHADOWS:

Mord

The Black Cat (1934)
The Raven (1935)

Ok, I'm in.  I just bought the restored bluray Karloff/Lugosi set. Beautiful! These are two of my very favorite Universal horror films and they just got better. Can't wait to delve into the bonus features.

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on October 07, 2019, 05:21:52 PM
The Black Cat (1934)
The Raven (1935)

Ok, I'm in.  I just bought the restored bluray Karloff/Lugosi set. Beautiful! These are two of my very favorite Universal horror films and they just got better. Can't wait to delve into the bonus features.

Congrats! I picked mine up a week or so ago. I really dig the extras.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on October 07, 2019, 05:21:52 PM
The Black Cat (1934)
The Raven (1935)

I will picking up my copy on Saturday. 🎃🦇
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

The Wolf Man (1941)
Ghost of Frankenstein (1942)
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man (1943)

Memphremagog

The Old Dark House(1932)
The Climax(1944)..last night
DARK SHADOWS: