Some modern monster pins.

Started by Palifan, March 29, 2017, 10:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palifan

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 30, 2017, 06:40:43 PM
Could be, but it doesn't say "pins" anywhere. Just says it has rubber on the back.

I hadn't noticed that but I came across them as I was sent an ad for some 2000AD ones that were written up as pins so I'm pretty sure these would be pins as they'd be useless if they weren't.

Then again after looking at this it is strange that the monster ones aren't listed the same - https://www.yesterdays.co/products/2000ad-judge-dredd

Ian

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Palifan on March 30, 2017, 08:12:29 PM
I hadn't noticed that but I came across them as I was sent an ad for some 2000AD ones that were written up as pins so I'm pretty sure these would be pins as they'd be useless if they weren't.

Then again after looking at this it is strange that the monster ones aren't listed the same - https://www.yesterdays.co/products/2000ad-judge-dredd

Ian

Some pins have the little metal pinch clasp and some have a hard rubber piece that the spike sticks into.
ADAM

Anton Phibes

They're pins with rubber posts fellas. Like Creepy company's stuff. Inexpensive way to collect. They make a great Langdon Zombie, and Creepy Co made a Psycho in black and white thats the bee's knees.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 30, 2017, 08:52:53 PM
They're pins with rubber posts fellas. Like Creepy company's stuff. Inexpensive way to collect. They make a great Langdon Zombie, and Creepy Co made a Psycho in black and white thats the bee's knees.

Think I'm with you Anton, funny how some seem to be soft enamel and others like the Judge Dredd one I put the link to is hard enamel. Not sure if it really makes a great deal of difference but I guess they must have some reason for it.

Ian

1/6thtoyz

Found the difference:

Soft Enamel vs Hard Enamel Pins. One of the most often asked questions is what's the difference between Hard and Soft Enamel badges. The short answer is hard enamel is polished flat and soft enamel has recessed enamel. Both are made from the same stamping and the detail achieved is the same.

Palifan

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on April 01, 2017, 11:35:34 PM
Found the difference:

Soft Enamel vs Hard Enamel Pins. One of the most often asked questions is what's the difference between Hard and Soft Enamel badges. The short answer is hard enamel is polished flat and soft enamel has recessed enamel. Both are made from the same stamping and the detail achieved is the same.

Thanks for clearing that up, it's good to know what the difference is.

Ian