My Life Size Mrs Bates Prop

Started by the_horror_man, March 27, 2017, 01:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_horror_man

This is a life size Mrs Bates prop I made about 15 years ago for a friend's Halloween party. I sculpted and painted the head and then added a store bought wig. I used an old rocking chair and old clothes to complete the piece. I kept the prop together for a few years, then dismantled it. Now I just keep the head for display. This was one of my first sculpting and painting projects, so it is kind of a rough piece.

thm

Anton Phibes

Norman! Get down there and open the motel!  ;D ;D

the_horror_man

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 27, 2017, 01:51:44 AM
Norman! Get down there and open the motel!  ;D ;D

"Oh we have 12 vacancies, 12 cabins, 12 vacancies" ;D

thm

Kidagain

She is one creepy cool mother  thm. Congrat's on your great sculpt too.

Relic

thm Wow, very impressive!!!
Great job for being one of your first sculpts and paint/ups!
I'm impressed!!

the_horror_man

Quote from: Relic on March 27, 2017, 03:02:44 PM
thm Wow, very impressive!!!
Great job for being one of your first sculpts and paint/ups!
I'm impressed!!

Thanks for the kind words gents. I really appreciate it. ;D

thm

Gory Glenn

Looks great thm! The B&W photo really sells it too!

BRICK

That's excellent for a first sculpt. Somewhere I have a skull around here that would be perfect to do a "Mother" conversion on. The expression is just right and the mouth is open at the perfect angle!
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

long live kong

Monster lovers never grow old....

Doh!

I like it better than the remake prop -- seriously!

the_horror_man

Herr Hussmann

That is so cool- you should have a wireless speaker behind her and play Bernard Herrmann's PSYCHO music!

Mcdee

Great work and very cool !
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

the_horror_man

Thanks guys.

Quote from: Herr Hussmann on April 08, 2017, 11:41:02 PM
That is so cool- you should have a wireless speaker behind her and play Bernard Herrmann's PSYCHO music!

One year for Halloween, I built a room size Psycho display. I created a fake wall cutting the room in half. Put together a fake shower with curtain. Cut out a girl silhouette, put it behind the curtain. Set up a light behind it. Created a life size Norman figure in all black to simulate a silhouette and added a real knife that the figure held up in the air. I had a cd player hooked up playing the shower scene music. ;D

thm