Dracula's Dragster question

Started by jerod, March 26, 2017, 01:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerod

Just bought an assembled Dracula's Dragster with kindergarten paint job. Looks to only be missing (1) headlight/candle. Can't find markings. Anyone know how to identify an original Aurora from a Polar Lights? I believe the  Polar Lights re-issue is cream colored base plastic but not sure what color vintage Aurora is (mine is black). Any help appreciated!

jerod

Mcdee

My Original Aurora is Black Plastic
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

YoungestMonsterKid

"Kindergarten Paint Job"??????
I wish I could paint that good.

Hepcat

Yeah, it looks great! Whoever painted that kit had more than decent hand-eye coordination.

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on March 27, 2017, 07:44:25 PM
Yeah, it looks great! Whoever painted that kit had more than decent hand-eye coordination.

8)
I like kid paint jobs from the period very much because they're part of the history.  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

jerod

Quote from: Hepcat on March 27, 2017, 07:44:25 PM

8)

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 27, 2017, 08:23:28 PM
I like kid paint jobs from the period very much because they're part of the history.  :)

My photo apparently makes it look nice than it is.  ;)  That said, I agree with horrorhunter and have no plans to repaint or modify (aside from cleaning it up a bit). Was excited to find as it's the first of this type model I'd seen and the price was more than right.
jerod

Hepcat

Quote from: jerod on March 28, 2017, 02:34:09 AMThat said, I agree with horrorhunter and have no plans to repaint or modify (aside from cleaning it up a bit).

Indeed! Note also that whoever painted it faithfully reproduced James Bama's box art:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!