THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 07:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Mord on October 29, 2019, 11:59:29 PM
Wow, I hadn't even heard of that one. Thanks for the heads up, Joseph. Btw, did you get one? I always like to see in hand reports.
I saw it at SDCC this past July, and knew I had to jump on it when Zuni went on sale.  He is a thing of beauty.  I would post a picture but I usually have problems doing so on the UMA.  If you've got the scratch at some point, pick one up (Monsters in Motion might still have a few); he's definitely a great investment should you decide to sell him later for whatever reason.

teemu

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on October 29, 2019, 11:38:46 PM
Not short, but certainly very petite.  Hands and feet appear a little small in comparison to the head.  Still not the biggest fan of the female body types for these figures; they have serious issues with their feet going all over the place and are not very stable.  As mentioned earlier, the sculpts and paint (and overall presentation) on these ladies are so good that I can easily overlook the flaws with the body.

Martin is using the Gracie (yvonne) female bodies now, which are far superior than the FTC junk body. The females will look better in proportions,better poseability, and not have the rubber bands. The first few females he has done show how much better they are in every way. I converted previous females (like FN Amy, They Live,and Evil Dead) and it's makes a world of difference.

December/Jan will feature a new body and it opens the door big time for other characters that you'd never would have seen before. The first 3 using this body are and will be amazingly Hot sellers!

videoaddict

Is there anyone else here who hasn't gotten their October figures yet? I just ordered the November ones and am still waiting for last month's. I'm concerned they may be lost and of course I can't even find them on ebay.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: videoaddict on November 04, 2019, 02:19:28 PM
Is there anyone else here who hasn't gotten their October figures yet? I just ordered the November ones and am still waiting for last month's. I'm concerned they may be lost and of course I can't even find them on ebay.

If you are in the US, prepare for Holiday delays galore. I just got my Amelia last week. Customs didn't scan her for over a week, and then one day she just showed up at my door, sans updated tracking. Hang tight....Holidays dontcha know? Ho. Ho. Ho.

Anton Phibes

If I were a Phantasm fan, I would be all over these. The entire package is right up there with some of DD's finest hours. Alas, I don't even own the flick. I like the soundtrack, I like Angus Scrimm....but just never got in to the film series. These will EVAPORATE.  Phantasm fans: this is your moment. A little birdie has told me this isn't a one and done for this film either. So get in on the ground floor.  Martin needs an award for the killer entries this year. Next month one that I worked on is scheduled to unearth himself.

EDIT: ONLY A FEW PHANTASMS LEFT.

Joseph_Baeza

The Phantasm set is AWESOME and something fans of the series (like myself) have been waiting a long time for!  Martin and crew have done another magnificent job, and I wouldn't be surprised if the set is sold out by the time I'm writing this comment.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 04, 2019, 03:34:16 PM
If I were a Phantasm fan, I would be all over these. The entire package is right up there with some of DD's finest hours. Alas, I don't even own the flick. I like the soundtrack, I like Angus Scrimm....but just never got in to the film series. These will EVAPORATE.  Phantasm fans: this is your moment. A little birdie has told me this isn't a one and done for this film either. So get in on the ground floor.  Martin needs an award for the killer entries this year. Next month one that I worked on is scheduled to unearth himself.

I almost didn't go for this 2 pack as somehow I haven't seen Phantasm (or at least can't remember seeing it), I do though know the Tall Man really well which is probably from seeing the trailer for this film which was on nearly every VHS that I rented when this came to the home market. I really do need to get around to watching it but I thought these figures looked so fantastic that I couldn't pass them up.

The quality of these DD figures has gone from strength the strength and although I've been picking up a few 2 packs recently which is becoming hard to find space for I just can't let them go if they're connected to my childhood in some way.

It's getting as exciting as ever with each months releases so keep them coming Martin and the DD team  ;D

Ian

teemu

Anybody that bought this set will want the next months Set.Next month features the NEW body, you guys can only guess who ;)  and Phantasms "Ash" is also included and I am ready for some birthday cake too.

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 04, 2019, 03:34:16 PM

Anton Phibes

Quote from: teemu on November 05, 2019, 12:54:38 AM
...... and I am ready for some birthday cake too.

Father's Day, Bedelia ;).

Palifan

Quote from: teemu on November 05, 2019, 12:54:38 AM
Anybody that bought this set will want the next months Set.Next month features the NEW body, you guys can only guess who ;)  and Phantasms "Ash" is also included and I am ready for some birthday cake too.

At a guess it sounds like Mindwarp and some Creepshow action from beyond the grave. I can only hope that there's a severed head in with one of them  :D

Ian

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Sounds like Nathan and Bruce Campbell.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Palifan

My Phantasm set arrived yesterday and these are another stellar release in hand  ;D

Really love how tall the tall Man is and the paintwork is amazing on both of these. Unfortunately I had my first damaged packaging this time around and can see that the shipping box took a hit somewhere on route which made the tall Man break through the packaging. Also the side of his jacket was split as well as one of Mikes trouser legs but it's not terrible and the box can be fixed up with some tape.

Fantastic release though and they look great on display with their other DD friends.

Ian

teemu

Quote from: Palifan on November 05, 2019, 06:50:44 AM
At a guess it sounds like Mindwarp and some Creepshow action from beyond the grave. I can only hope that there's a severed head in with one of them  :D

Ian

You guys really don't know? The clue is obvious :)

I have seen them and they are amazing! The little guy sets a new standard for DD

the_horror_man

Quote from: Palifan on November 21, 2019, 06:49:36 AM
My Phantasm set arrived yesterday and these are another stellar release in hand  ;D

Really love how tall the tall Man is and the paintwork is amazing on both of these. Unfortunately I had my first damaged packaging this time around and can see that the shipping box took a hit somewhere on route which made the tall Man break through the packaging. Also the side of his jacket was split as well as one of Mikes trouser legs but it's not terrible and the box can be fixed up with some tape.

Fantastic release though and they look great on display with their other DD friends.

Ian

I would message Martin about all the damage. Perhaps he can help.

thm

Palifan

Quote from: the_horror_man on November 21, 2019, 08:39:25 PM
I would message Martin about all the damage. Perhaps he can help.

thm

I thought about contacting him but I know these boxes cost him quite a bit to produce and I don't want to see him out of pocket on this as the tear to the box isn't terrible. The hole in the side of The Tall Man's jacket is a shame , not sure if it ripped when it came loose in the box (possibly the cable tie that he was attached with), but again you don't notice it with his arms down and there's really not much that can be done with the postal service as I know some on here end up with damaged ones each month due to this.

These are great figures though with some outstanding work as ever and even though it looks like I'm wrong with next month's guess I'm looking forward to seeing what's released just in time for Christmas (hopefully  :D).

Ian