Author Topic: THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.  (Read 57655 times)

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
Re: THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.
« Reply #270 on: July 11, 2017, 10:10:17 PM »
Just to echo everyone's thoughts, I think Bub turned out fantastic and ranks as one of the best DD Megos put out this year.  Jarrod is really nicely done as well, as we've come to expect with every Steve Thompson sculpt.  I must say that I've also been extremely impressed with the card art DD has put out over these last few months and the plastic shells that now open from the top, as opposed to the side.  Great job, Martin and crew!

I think Twisty the clown and Bub might be the 2 best figures DD released in the last year. However, I guess we will have to wait and see on Bub. Even if you don't like the characters, one would have to admit that if you are going for accuracy, they are 2 of the best. However, as far as an overall outstanding job and presence encompassing the figure, accessories, and cars art. I think Closet Monster with Jan in the pan, might take that title. ;D

thm

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2017, 10:44:07 PM »
I think Twisty the clown and Bub might be the 2 best figures DD released in the last year. However, I guess we will have to wait and see on Bub. Even if you don't like the characters, one would have to admit that if you are going for accuracy, they are 2 of the best. However, as far as an overall outstanding job and presence encompassing the figure, accessories, and cars art. I think Closet Monster with Jan in the pan, might take that title. ;D

thm

Can't argue with you there the about both Twisty and the way Bub looks, both are totally amazing and I know that the figures compared to the pictures that normally come with these releases from DD always look way better in hand but the Bub already looks amazing so this could be a real stand out figure. The card art for Bub as well is outstanding so this latest wave of Zombie figures should be an all out classic!

can't wait to see it!!

Ian
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 03:06:21 PM by Palifan »

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2017, 02:11:55 PM »
Good to see that, although a bit slower than modern era ghoulish ghoulies, Vincent Price still moves at a good click. House of Wax is long gone. Yay! 8)
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Joseph_Baeza

• Sergeant
  • Dr. Moreau: Have you forgotten the house of pain?
« Reply #273 on: July 12, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »
Good to see that, although a bit slower than modern era ghoulish ghoulies, Vincent Price still moves at a good click. House of Wax is long gone. Yay! 8)
Maybe in the next Vinnie wave, we will finally get a Witchfinder General Hopkins and a Ligeia Verden Fell!

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #274 on: July 12, 2017, 04:25:42 PM »
Maybe in the next Vinnie wave, we will finally get a Witchfinder General Hopkins and a Ligeia Verden Fell!

Characters that could comprise at least 2 more Vincent Price waves:

1. Tomb of Ligeia
2. Diary of a Madman (...complete with blue eye stripe, knife and removable hat I hope)
3. Theatre of Blood
4. Haunted Palace (the magnificent outfit he wore in the film is worth the price of admission)
5. Tales of Terror (Melting face Valdemar)
6. Dragonwyck
7. Monster Club Vampire
8. Witchfinder Genral (I hate this movie....so I would pass on this one, but I know folks love the flick, so I cannot be entirely selfish about things,lol)

9. Last man on Earth two pack with Vinney and a Vampire
10. Return of the Fly two pack with Vinney and new Fly

and lets not forget Martin mentioned a House of Long Shadows wave once. 4 Figures...four masters of horror (albeit in their golden years)

Joseph_Baeza

• Sergeant
  • Dr. Moreau: Have you forgotten the house of pain?
« Reply #275 on: July 12, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »
Love all those choices, Richard.  However, I DO happen to love Witchfinder General and would put the Hopkins character in the No.2 slot.  I would also add Vincent's Count Sforza from the wonderful F-Troop episode on that list.

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
« Reply #276 on: July 13, 2017, 01:32:46 PM »
I'd prefer a 12" Witchfinder General, but I'd probably buy an 8" one. I haven't bought any of the 8" Vinnies. Trying to stick to Hammer. But I'd break down for a WG.
Raymond Castile

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #277 on: July 24, 2017, 11:29:58 AM »
Is it too soon for updates? ;D

thm

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #278 on: July 24, 2017, 02:14:35 PM »

thm

We can live in hope  :D

Ian

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #279 on: July 24, 2017, 02:25:07 PM »
Slow and steady wins the race. Patience is a virtue. I love DD toys too (since they are about the only CLASSIC horror game in town besides an occasional resin kit), but I don't wanna give Martin insomnia making doll babies,lol.

To quote a famous horror film...."In time."

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

• Corporal
« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2017, 03:58:28 PM »

thm

Wish granted.

We have a mego and FOOTLONG HAM SUB.

A legendary monster hunter is on the prowel.

The false hero in the dark cabins in the woods.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

1/6thtoyz

• Sergeant
« Reply #281 on: July 24, 2017, 04:01:11 PM »
Wish granted.

We have a mego and FOOTLONG HAM SUB.

A legendary monster hunter is on the prowel.

The false hero in the dark cabins in the woods.
Footlong!!!! Oh boy!!!!😱

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2017, 04:08:36 PM »
Well, I have the footlong figured. The false hero in the woods leaves me with nothing but.....maybe..... Evil Dead??? If it is Evil Dead, its a good time to be a deadite/deadhead.   

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2017, 05:06:31 PM »
Well, I have the footlong figured. The false hero in the woods leaves me with nothing but.....maybe..... Evil Dead??? If it is Evil Dead, its a good time to be a deadite/deadhead.

Evil dead sprang to mind for me as well although I'm surprised that there was no mention on the back of the Evil Ed figure. Either way it sounds exciting to me!  :D

Ian

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2017, 06:08:42 PM »
Evil Dead Possessed Cheryl?

thm