THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 07:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_horror_man

Quote from: Anton Phibes on May 28, 2017, 07:08:56 PM
When an amulet was mentioned, all I could think of was this:

https://youtu.be/2sGSApjMlj4?t=11

I am really hoping for some Romero Zombies. Mezco is putting out Stephen Flyboy and Plaid Shirt Zombie in 1:12 scale. I would like to see DD do Mego size. Also, some Creepshow figures would be nice.

Still would like to see Rev Kane from Poltergeist 2 and maybe dream sequence David Kessler from American Werewolf in London. The scene from the bed when his face had those yellow eyes, fangs and the blueish purple skin.

thm

Anton Phibes

Creepshow would rock in so many ways. There are lots of newer license to be explored if desired. The Fog immediately comes to mind too.

Palifan

Quote from: the_horror_man on May 28, 2017, 07:19:19 PM
I am really hoping for some Romero Zombies. Mezco is putting out Stephen Flyboy and Plaid Shirt Zombie in 1:12 scale. I would like to see DD do Mego size. Also, some Creepshow figures would be nice.

Still would like to see Rev Kane from Poltergeist 2 and maybe dream sequence David Kessler from American Werewolf in London. The scene from the bed when his face had those yellow eyes, fangs and the blueish purple skin.

thm

Solid list there the and great suggestion with The Fog. I think these slightly more modern figures would do really well amongst the classic selection we already have. Just shows how many more possibilities there are out there still to create and looks like DD will be around for quite some time which is very good news.....well maybe not for my wallet though  :laugh:

Ian

Anton Phibes

I don't suspect Martin/DD will run out of ideas for a very, very, very long time. Even if DD has to switch from time to time to keeps the home fires burning from classics, to modern....or even an occasional change of genre....Martin has proved he's devoted to DD.

On another note: a Granada Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes and Edward Hardwicke Watson would make a nice twin pack,lol. Seems like an untapped vein for Sherlockians,lol. :angel: 8)

the_horror_man

I remember when threads like this received almost constant replies. People adding to the list of figures they would like to see and discussing them. Not exactly sure what happened. Maybe a memo went out saying that posting needs to be greatly reduced. lol I guess I didn't get that memo. :D

thm

mjaycox

Quote from: Anton Phibes on May 28, 2017, 08:53:37 PM
I don't suspect Martin/DD will run out of ideas for a very, very, very long time. Even if DD has to switch from time to time to keeps the home fires burning from classics, to modern....or even an occasional change of genre....Martin has proved he's devoted to DD.

On another note: a Granada Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes and Edward Hardwicke Watson would make a nice twin pack,lol. Seems like an untapped vein for Sherlockians,lol. :angel: 8)

Send me an email Richard,

Matt
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

I hope everybody is ready for today.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

mjaycox

I wrote Martin, directly because I felt I had to.

That Deadite is one of the finest figures he and DD have done. It is probably the best figure they've made since Dr. Phibes in white robe

There are better characters to be sure. Ones I like more. But none done this perfectly

Card art is very well done too

Well done to everyone at DD

Matt
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

Palifan

I also agree that the Deadite figure is stunning and could only go for one of this months releases so had to go with this one. I must admit that I'm not quite as big a fan of the artwork as I'd hoped but it might be due to the fact that the Count Dracula artwork is jaw dropping. I found it so hard to resist picking this figure up as well due to the artwork for it, especially the back of it but can't quite stretch to the pair this month.

Inspired releases though this month and I had hoped for maybe an 80's themed series with these two kicking it off but I'm sure there will be more to come over time. Ed's going to go along nicely with the 30th anniversary Evil dead 2 vinyl LP that I also picked up this week so it's all made for a great week for me.

Well done as ever Martin, you NEVER fail to deliver once again!  :D

Ian

EDITOR MFTV

I noticed the edition size was bumped up from 60 to 75 on these two releases. As always, GREAT stuff!
Jim Clatterbaugh
Editor/Publisher MFTV
www.monstersfromthevault.com

Mord

Quote from: Palifan on June 01, 2017, 03:20:31 PM

Well done as ever Martin, you fail to deliver once again!  :D

Ian
I think you meant NEVER fail to deliver, right?

Palifan

Quote from: Mord on June 01, 2017, 04:59:26 PM
I think you meant NEVER fail to deliver, right?

Ha, ha!

Yes I did indeed!

Ian

Mord

Quote from: Palifan on June 01, 2017, 05:07:48 PM
Ha, ha!

Yes I did indeed!

Ian
That's ok, Ian, I knew what you meant.

Joseph_Baeza

Prior to today, I loved the 80's.  After seeing this morning's releases, I REALLY LOVE THE 80's!  Deadite Ed and Monster Squad Drac are about as nice a double release we've seen from DD in some time.  Just outstanding!  And the card art seems to be getting better and better.

Palifan

I'm amazed that these two are still up for sale, maybe it's the higher amount available this time? 

I'm sure there are very few still up for grabs so get them while you can (I still keep looking at Dracula but must resist)!

Ian