Author Topic: THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.  (Read 70336 times)

mjaycox

• Sergeant
Re: THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2017, 11:41:15 AM »
Matt, is there a distinct enough difference in the makeups to warrant another Daninsky werewolf? I've never seen NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF (although I have seen WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMEN), but I honestly have not seen a huge distinction, at least in photos, of the Naschy werewolves other than the pointy ears.
Oh yes indeed-- Naschy's makeup changes dramatically from film to film after WVTVW. None looks like the other

That being said, the WVTVW and Night of that Werewolf are the most iconic looks, and it is good that these are the ones being done

Matt
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

• Corporal
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2017, 02:41:27 PM »
I have received kiwi blockhead in the mail today, everybody should get their figures this week.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Joseph_Baeza

• Sergeant
  • Dr. Moreau: Have you forgotten the house of pain?
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2017, 03:41:19 PM »
Got my Kiwi Frankie and Omega Man 2-pack today as well.  I really dig the 2-pack...one of the best sculpts of Heston I have seen on a figure or kit, and Matthias is also awesome.  I have to admit I'm a little underwhelmed by Blockhead, but only because it is hard to top DD's magnificent 1/6th version, but I'm still glad I got him.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2017, 04:17:52 PM »
I think my only minor quibble with my Kiwi sundae is the tunic. Its loose at the neck exposing the flesh tone body beneath. That's very minor and falls under the "who cares" category where most of us are concerned, no doubt.  But I feel clothing can make or break a figure. Film accuracy, design, etc. can add a major wow factor or detract from a fantastic sculpt. Too much effects like dirt, blood, or too little ....its all important.

DD always has their hands full trying to please all the collectors out there, thats for sure,lol. Not an enviable position, but DD keeps on chugging.

In anticipation of The Boy Who Cried Werewolf' s eventual release, I had Amy Jones sew me up my favorite outfit from the film, and I have some mego scale hiking boots.  As the werewolf wore several outfits in the flick, I have no idea what the actual release will be dressed in. So I decided to be proactive in this case rather than reactive and have a nekkid figure laying around,lol. Now, the wait for the figure...lol. 

"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2017, 04:53:23 PM »
  I have to admit I'm a little underwhelmed by Blockhead, but only because it is hard to top DD's magnificent 1/6th version, but I'm still glad I got him.
I has to look better than the pictures, right?  Are the clothes as blue as they looked in the original pictures?

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2017, 05:21:32 PM »
The clothes are not nearly as blue as they appeared in the photos. Not even close. Very dark. Not quite black though.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2017, 08:23:20 PM »
The clothes are not nearly as blue as they appeared in the photos. Not even close. Very dark. Not quite black though.

That's good to hear. I hope to have mine soon.

thm

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2017, 09:31:58 PM »
I did my usual trick of sleeping on that months releases but then couldn't stop looking at the Omega Man double pack. In the end I managed to get one off of eBay for the same cost as the release but  paid on top for shipping. Really glad I did this as it's now on it's way to me and I just know I'm going to love them in hand.

I really do keep doing this by passing on the release only to then end up picking it up lol. At least I managed to get it at a good price (actually cheaper than if I'd have bought it from MIM), and the main thing is that it should be with me soon.

I really do need to learn from my mistakes and admit to myself that I just love them all!

Ian

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

• Corporal
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2017, 07:42:37 AM »
I think my only minor quibble with my Kiwi sundae is the tunic. Its loose at the neck exposing the flesh tone body beneath. That's very minor and falls under the "who cares" category where most of us are concerned, no doubt.  But I feel clothing can make or break a figure. Film accuracy, design, etc. can add a major wow factor or detract from a fantastic sculpt. Too much effects like dirt, blood, or too little ....its all important.

DD always has their hands full trying to please all the collectors out there, thats for sure,lol. Not an enviable position, but DD keeps on chugging.

In anticipation of The Boy Who Cried Werewolf' s eventual release, I had Amy Jones sew me up my favorite outfit from the film, and I have some mego scale hiking boots.  As the werewolf wore several outfits in the flick, I have no idea what the actual release will be dressed in. So I decided to be proactive in this case rather than reactive and have a nekkid figure laying around,lol. Now, the wait for the figure...lol. 

Is that a miniture haunted house in the background? where did you get the props?
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2017, 09:33:26 AM »
Actually, those are the seamstress's items. Probably a dollhouse.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2017, 09:13:27 PM »
Just received Mego Blockhead. Its a really cool figure. Card art is magnificent. Some of the best actually.

thm

crue-leader

• Private First Class
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2017, 02:52:56 PM »
Just got my Omega man 2 pack the figures sculpting and painting are just superb. I plan on eventually displaying mine and making some custom sunglasses for Neville.
Anybody else happy with this purchase or have some customizing ideas?
I think the old Mego Planet of the Apes catupult and wagon set would go great with it.

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2017, 07:55:11 PM »
I also received my double pack the other day and find them to be stunning! I almost passed on it but fortunately came to my senses and they're both happily on display now  :D

Ian

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2017, 09:36:38 PM »
I passed on the last releases. Figures were well done, but just wasn't into the characters that much. Looking forward to seeing whats next. ;D

thm

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2017, 10:51:14 PM »
How is DD land doing? ;D

thm