Author Topic: THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.  (Read 57645 times)

Palifan

• Sergeant
Re: THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2017, 11:21:39 AM »
The top one is Lee. It's from a Jess Franco film called Count Dracula (El Conde Dracula). So-so film, but Lee looks great in it.

Thanks for that Mord, any idea about the one next to Lee? I recognize the actor but can't think which film it is.

Ian

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2017, 11:27:50 AM »
The top one is Lee. It's from a Jess Franco film called Count Dracula (El Conde Dracula). So-so film, but Lee looks great in it.

I am responding to your quote and Ian's too Mord...but I don't know how to do the multi quote thing,lol.

Jess Franco was....well....he made films I don't watch.lol. I saw El Conde Dracula on Bob Wilkins. the scene where Lee scares the wolves away with his arms is what inspired me to actually read the Dracula book. I had to see what I was missing in the novel. He does look great in it, and its (to the best of my knowledge) the first time Dracula is de-aged in film as he is in the novel. Lee said he thought it was the closest to playing the actual character of Dracula as he is in the novel. Good enough for me,lol. Langella, Jourdan and even Palance have never been recognized as a bust, resin kit, or naything to the best of my knowledge. So its a nice nod to collectors who love those films. Like Me!

As for the werewolves:

Waldemar Werewolf has tons of films (Spanish vehicles). His most famous (and the only one I give a flip about) is Werewolf Vs. the Vampire Woman.

Bridgestone is from Universal's Boy Who Cried Werewolf

and the final one is from The Undying Monster.

You've got endless hours of classic horror to catch up on Ian.
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
Thanks for that Mord, any idea about the one next to Lee? I recognize the actor but can't think which film it is.

Ian
You're welcome. The one next to him is French actor, Louis Jordan, in a 1977 production of Dracula (British film, I think).

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2017, 11:31:22 AM »
Thanks guys, lot's to catch up on then ;D

Ian

Joseph_Baeza

• Sergeant
  • Dr. Moreau: Have you forgotten the house of pain?
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2017, 03:26:52 PM »
Two really nice releases by DD, although I must admit, I was really hoping for a foot long Carradine. Palance Dracula is a truly pleasant surprise though, not only because it is one of my favorite Dracula films, but because of the obscurity of this version of the character. Steve Thompson's sculpts (and Martin's paints) are great, as usual, and the card art is outstanding. My only complaint is that I don't think another version of Daninsky werewolf is necessary since he is already represented by DD in Mego & foot long versions. Would have liked to see a Howling or American Werewolf in his place. 

mjaycox

• Sergeant
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2017, 06:43:47 PM »
This Daninsky Wolfman is from the film "El Retorno Del Hombre Lobo", aka, "Night of the Werewolf", aka "The Craving"

I think it is a nice bit of synergy considering the other Naschy figures that we're done... This movie is essentially a remake of "werewolf versus the vampire women", and has one of the most unique make ups of the series. So I am personally glad that Martin and Company are doing it
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

mjaycox

• Sergeant
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2017, 06:45:29 PM »
I personally hope the card art contains the exploitative American title " the Craving"
     -The Two Jakes

mjaycox

• Sergeant
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2017, 06:48:01 PM »
I am personally most delighted by the inclusion of the Frank Langella Dracula-- it is one I have thought about doing for years, even going so far as to fantasize about what the box art would look like and the costuming
     -The Two Jakes

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2017, 03:14:29 PM »
These haven't sold out yet? That's a first.

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »
These haven't sold out yet? That's a first.

I thought that was odd as well Mord, a Jack Nicholson figure and that amazing sculpt of Jack Palance as Dracula, I thought these would have flown off the shelf. I did notice that they weren't up on the site for a while yesterday and thought that Martin was giving the subscribers a bit more of a chance but can see that they're there now.

I guess it's really hard to predict what will go quickly but I'm sure these won't be around for long, they're just too nice looking!

Ian

Joseph_Baeza

• Sergeant
  • Dr. Moreau: Have you forgotten the house of pain?
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2017, 05:00:26 PM »
This Daninsky Wolfman is from the film "El Retorno Del Hombre Lobo", aka, "Night of the Werewolf", aka "The Craving"

I think it is a nice bit of synergy considering the other Naschy figures that we're done... This movie is essentially a remake of "werewolf versus the vampire women", and has one of the most unique make ups of the series. So I am personally glad that Martin and Company are doing it
Matt, is there a distinct enough difference in the makeups to warrant another Daninsky werewolf? I've never seen NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF (although I have seen WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMEN), but I honestly have not seen a huge distinction, at least in photos, of the Naschy werewolves other than the pointy ears.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2017, 05:10:44 PM »
Olde pointy ears is the one in the new wave. I had the samples/ raw casts for the werewolves in my hands for a few days. They're great!!

"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2017, 11:16:55 PM »
Olde pointy ears is the one in the new wave. I had the samples/ raw casts for the werewolves in my hands for a few days. They're great!!

This one is really menacing looking. ;D

thm

Spock

• Sergeant
    • Distinctive Dummies
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2017, 12:25:18 AM »
I thought that was odd as well Mord, a Jack Nicholson figure and that amazing sculpt of Jack Palance as Dracula, I thought these would have flown off the shelf. I did notice that they weren't up on the site for a while yesterday and thought that Martin was giving the subscribers a bit more of a chance but can see that they're there now.

I guess it's really hard to predict what will go quickly but I'm sure these won't be around for long, they're just too nice looking!

Ian

Both actually sold out after about 24 hours. Had to go up North for a few days and can't access the site to remove them on my phone. Just hoping no more orders come in

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2017, 10:09:51 AM »
Both actually sold out after about 24 hours. Had to go up North for a few days and can't access the site to remove them on my phone. Just hoping no more orders come in

That makes perfect sense now, I thought these would go quickly and that something was off.

Great news to hear the power of the DD figures is still going strong and can't wait to see Wolf up close.

Ian