THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 07:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Its a double decker, and a block of head cheese, Martin ran into some problem with meow mix.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Mord

Spock

Every now and then I feel the need to come from out my lab and clear something up. If there are any quality concerns with any DD products could you please relay them directly to myself. I find it disconcerting that people are having a few hiccups and discussing with others without letting me know. If I do not know what's wrong I cannot make sure it does not happen again next time. Apparently a few of you had problems with Prem's hands. Two I know about, but if there are more please let me know so I can rectify it, instead of hearing from a third party. I think my past history shows I do whatever I can to put things right.  thanks again for all your support and I will continue to do my best.

1/6thtoyz

I want to see a nice 12" juicy sub with all the extras😱

the_horror_man

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on March 27, 2017, 11:07:40 PM
I want to see a nice 12" juicy sub with all the extras😱

Yes, I know that my opinion is just one opinion among an ocean of opinions. However, if I had my choice. I would like to see 1, quality 1/6 figure produced each month. Amazing figures like Barlow, Lee Dracula and Arthur Grimsdyke. These are, imo, some of the best 1/6 ever made. I feel we have gotten so far away from these beautiful creations, they are like distant memories. Don't get me wrong, I love the megos. However, the 1/6 figures just have a certain presence about them. Also, the boxes stand up on their own and don't take much space or need to be hung on a wall. Just my thoughts.

thm

1/6thtoyz

I haven't collected mego's until DD's figures and the only reason
Because I just didn't think these
Figures would never be made in 1/6. Maybe Megos are more profitable and easier to sell?

Mord

I love the DD Megos ( collect them myself), but my absolute favorite DD pieces are the 12" Edward Lionheart and the 12" Pretorius. Those really stand out for me.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on March 28, 2017, 12:58:58 AM
I love the DD Megos ( collect them myself), but my absolute favorite DD pieces are the 12" Edward Lionheart and the 12" Pretorius. Those really stand out for me.

Don't forget Clive. Its a masterpiece.  Granted, I imagine some figures are unworthy of 1/6 because the may not do as well. Wasp Woman, Monster on Campus...perhaps even Fly. But they would be magnificent to behold even if they didn't sell,lol. Selling matters though. The Waldemar 1/6 is so creepy Sideshow era good that I forget all about the mego now. Still love them both though,lol.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on March 28, 2017, 12:58:58 AM

1/6 Lee Dracula, The Yeti mego, skull face Doctor Phibes mego, 1/6 Kurt Barlow. I am sure there are a ton of great ones that are escaping me tight now.

thm

the_horror_man

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 28, 2017, 01:15:26 AM
Don't forget Clive. Its a masterpiece.  Granted, I imagine some figures are unworthy of 1/6 because the may not do as well. Wasp Woman, Monster on Campus...perhaps even Fly. But they would be magnificent to behold even if they didn't sell,lol. Selling matters though. The Waldemar 1/6 is so creepy Sideshow era good that I forget all about the mego now. Still love them both though,lol.

I think the Fly would make a great 1/6 figure.

thm

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 28, 2017, 01:15:26 AM
Clive is special and most are too,
But 1/6 Christopher Lee (Dracula) would be
My favorite.
  It's always exciting to see each month what menu specials arrive. Hoping to see more foot long subs🌭

Anton Phibes

Quote from: the_horror_man on March 28, 2017, 01:22:09 AM
I think the Fly would make a great 1/6 figure.

thm

Moebius Models thinks so too. It will be one of their few ventures into 1/6 licensed figures as well as models according to the rumor mill. Keep your fly arm crossed,lol.

the_horror_man

Really want to see some 70's and 80's Horror. Dawn of the Dead and Creepshow to start with. Maybe Rev Kane from Poltergeist 2.

thm

Anton Phibes

Creepshow would be delicious.

1/6thtoyz

I'm still can't believe no one made Dr Frankenstein yet. With all the Frankenstein figures.
Maybe DD will do him.