THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 07:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teemu

Quote from: the_horror_man on March 27, 2019, 07:18:36 PM
No Wolf Creek. If you missed out on The Thing set, you missed out on one of the best things DD has ever put out. The get a MacReady figure and The Thing. ;D

thm

I don't have mine yet, but I have made additional pieces for mine. Dynamite sticks (holder) that will attach to his coat  and a roll of Dynamite just like in the movie, plus a Movie Thing card done by Toyroom. Pics will be up on megocustom on facebook or Maybe Martin can post the pics here when I get mine hopefully this week.

Palifan

Another couple of fantastic releases today as ever and as per usual with these older films some more films to put on my to watch list (it does keep growing but I'm not complaining!  ;D).

Really nice nice head sculpts on both of these so congratulations to the the whole DD team involved with these.

Ian

Joseph_Baeza

Two DD Steve Thompson sculpts to start the morning off right!  My only complaint is that Morgan didn't come with a gas mask accessory, but outside of that, both figures look fantastic!  Cannot wait for The Gorgon figure to round out this excellent (if obscure) Hammer wave!

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

both figures have sold out, they have been available since April 1st.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Anton Phibes

The Vinney figure is truly another treat, and the Mummy is a must for the hard core Hammer. They did sell out fast. DD steam rolling right along. Love Vinney's accessories.  I would never put the gas mask on him, and lose that excellent likeness, so its a-ok with me he doesn't have it,lol. Plus, the outfit is just, well, perfect!!! 8) 8)

Anton Phibes

Looks like the Last Man on Earth has started the beginnings of his global trek.  So--some early hints for next month. 

I will give you the Skinny, but let's keep it Under Wraps. Otherwise, it might be the firing Squad for me. The hints for the first were just given in sentences 2 and 3. As for the second, well the hints could make things a tad Hairy. Let's just say they will both have the Undying love of monster figure collectors the world over. :angel: :angel:

Phibes signing off, and going to bed. It's nearly 3 am here.

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 09, 2019, 06:20:19 AM
I will give you the Skinny, but let's keep it Under Wraps. Otherwise, it might be the firing Squad for me. The hints for the first were just given in sentences 2 and 3. As for the second, well the hints could make things a tad Hairy. Let's just say they will both have the Undying love of monster figure collectors the world over. :angel: :angel:
Monster Squad Mummy and Oliver Hammond (Undying Monster werewolf)!  Excellent!

Anton Phibes

Last Man on Earth arrived today. It's a beauty. I gave mine an extra set of "rubberized" hands that match the portraits paint, and hold the weapons better. I also added some to scale garlic bulbs and an ornate cross. All I need now is a gas mask,lol. It's one of Thompson's better Vinney likenesses, imho. I recommend this figure! get thee to ebay!

Joseph_Baeza

Was pleasantly surprised to find DD's new Skinny Monster Squad Mummy and Undying Monster Werewolf for sale today, a few days shy of May.  Both very nice looking figures!  Does this mean we might get another release in the actual month of May?  :D

Anton Phibes

No, Martin is headed to England for vacation. That's the reason for the early email.

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 30, 2019, 05:57:22 AM
No, Martin is headed to England for vacation. That's the reason for the early email.
Vacation??? With so many more magnificent monsters to tackle, Martin has no time for that! We need him back in the lab masterfully bringing these creature figures to life for us to display and enjoy.

teemu

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on April 30, 2019, 08:24:23 PM
Vacation??? With so many more magnificent monsters to tackle, Martin has no time for that! We need him back in the lab masterfully bringing these creature figures to life for us to display and enjoy.

Actually, Martin needs a break. He is pretty burned out. There is a lot of work and headache involved with these figures. But, more great stuff is coming this year and next.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: teemu on May 02, 2019, 06:03:34 PM
Actually, Martin needs a break. He is pretty burned out. There is a lot of work and headache involved with these figures. But, more great stuff is coming this year and next.

Yes he does. A well deserved one.

Joseph_Baeza

Of course, I was joking.  Martin absolutely deserves a good vacation to recharge the batteries, as I'm sure all you guys that work with Martin/DD do!

Anton Phibes

I just finished paint chores for a figure that is going to make a whole lot of fans that have been clamoring for the character very happy. Great sculpt, and I hope I did him justice. Hints coming by month's end.

On another note: TV terrors has a favorite character many of us have been routing for coming by year's end. Truly scary.