Author Topic: THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.  (Read 65512 times)

Palifan

• Sergeant
Re: THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.
« Reply #1200 on: December 18, 2018, 10:53:10 AM »
Flyboy Zombie and Philippe Delambre (Return of the Fly)?

;D and it looks like a very Happy New Year!  ;D

Ian

Joseph_Baeza

• Sergeant
  • Dr. Moreau: Have you forgotten the house of pain?
« Reply #1201 on: December 20, 2018, 11:48:24 AM »
January 7 Announcement date?

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #1202 on: December 21, 2018, 09:16:29 AM »
January 7 Announcement date?

I believe so yes.
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #1203 on: December 21, 2018, 12:53:42 PM »
It is Christmas. I'm sure your treasures will be there in no time..

They did! The Demons smashed my Don't Be Afraid of the Dark box. I am reaching out to Martin to see if he has extra boxes printed up for sale that I can buy a replacement. I swear I despise shipping. It's almost enough to make you throw in the towel on collecting.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #1204 on: December 21, 2018, 05:13:45 PM »
They did! The Demons smashed my Don't Be Afraid of the Dark box. I am reaching out to Martin to see if he has extra boxes printed up for sale that I can buy a replacement. I swear I despise shipping. It's almost enough to make you throw in the towel on collecting.
I know exactly what you mean. My mailman is incapable of delivering an undamaged package. I'm a brick and mortar guy, myself. Unfortunately, all of my favorite stores have disappeared.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #1205 on: December 21, 2018, 07:37:51 PM »
I know exactly what you mean. My mailman is incapable of delivering an undamaged package. I'm a brick and mortar guy, myself. Unfortunately, all of my favorite stores have disappeared.

Yeah, I would rather do a walk in myself. However, DD is not available that way. The USPS main customs hub is on the same level of hell as Jack The Ripper. It's a wonder I have anything at all. This was the series I was really looking forward to too, as there are sure to be a lot of cool characters never acknowledged before in it. I HATE the USPS.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #1206 on: December 22, 2018, 12:40:42 AM »
Yeah, I would rather do a walk in myself. However, DD is not available that way. The USPS main customs hub is on the same level of hell as Jack The Ripper. It's a wonder I have anything at all. This was the series I was really looking forward to too, as there are sure to be a lot of cool characters never acknowledged before in it. I HATE the USPS.

It's not only the USPS. Its Fed Ex and UPS. Good there there are great sellers out there and people like Martin who go the extra mile to fix issues, even when it is not their fault at all.

Also, this whole insurance thing is almost worthless from a collector point of view. Insurance will not replace a damaged item that is a custom, vintage or antique. Some items cannot be replaced. I just want the item I paid for to be in the same condition it was purchased as.

thm

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #1207 on: January 07, 2019, 07:20:47 AM »
Both waiters found Flies in the soup. Buzz Buzz. ;)

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #1208 on: January 07, 2019, 12:00:49 PM »
The new Flies look great. The paint job on the Fly is fantastic! It is very realistic. Well, as realistic as a guy with a fly head and hand can be. ;D

thm

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #1209 on: January 07, 2019, 01:32:13 PM »
Anton, is this your handiwork? Looks fantastic in every possible way. Love the card-art, too.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #1210 on: January 07, 2019, 02:12:31 PM »
Anton, is this your handiwork? Looks fantastic in every possible way. Love the card-art, too.

I painted Return of the Fly. it was fun! Excited for this wave!

Joseph_Baeza

• Sergeant
  • Dr. Moreau: Have you forgotten the house of pain?
« Reply #1211 on: January 07, 2019, 03:17:37 PM »
Same thing I thought when I saw this figure.  Exceptional work, Richard!  Very, very excited about this new wave.  Right up my alley.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #1212 on: January 07, 2019, 04:13:28 PM »
Thanks guys! I figured since i painted the DD release of the original Fly, I needed to get my brushes going on his son too,lol.

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #1213 on: January 07, 2019, 04:41:48 PM »
Great job Anton with The Fly, I think I prefer this release to the original with all the detail in it although I really needed to complete my Romero wave this time around (his Zombie mates have been missing him  :D).

Ian

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #1214 on: January 16, 2019, 08:38:21 AM »
Flyboy arrived today and as I thought it's a fantastic end to the dead run! Really enjoyed collecting this series and a big thank you from me to all involved in this series, they're up there with the best of DD.  ;D

I was so close to pulling the trigger on The Fly one that was released at the same time but I can't have them all and finishing the dead series just had to take priority.

So onto next months releases then, looking forward to seeing the hints as they appear.

Ian