Author Topic: More Funko Universal Monsters Mystery Minis  (Read 8469 times)

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
Re: More Funko Universal Monsters Mystery Minis
« Reply #315 on: September 17, 2019, 03:56:56 PM »
If I were collecting the black and whites of these I would take you up on it. However, I did the color versions, and I don't do variants. Ever. I didn't even buy the color variations of Frank, Drac and Invisible Man. my set consists of  9 characters.

What if they are the same price and you like the "variant" better than the regular issue?
ADAM

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2019, 04:16:12 PM »
I pick one and stick to it. For instance, I decided I would get the Mezco 1:12 Frankenstein. I didn't buy the black and white. I was gonna stick with color.  I just don't do variants as a general rule of thumb. Keeps me from going completely broke instead of just moderately broke. The only thing I might actually break this collecting rule on would be Psycho. Yet no worries there...because no one makes anything for that film with any regularity of release :angel: :laugh:
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #317 on: September 17, 2019, 04:23:56 PM »
I pick one and stick to it. For instance, I decided I would get the Mezco 1:12 Frankenstein. I didn't buy the black and white. I was gonna stick with color.  I just don't do variants as a general rule of thumb. Keeps me from going completely broke instead of just moderately broke. The only thing I might actually break this collecting rule on would be Psycho. Yet no worries there...because no one makes anything for that film with any regularity of release :angel: :laugh:.

Anton. Did you like or collect the McFarlane Maniacs, Psycho/Norman figure?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2019, 04:35:21 PM »
Anton. Did you like or collect the McFarlane Maniacs, Psycho/Norman figure?

Yes, I have that figure. I was hoping for a Mrs. Bates in chair. Alas, she never materialized.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2019, 05:43:14 PM »
Yes, I have that figure. I was hoping for a Mrs. Bates in chair. Alas, she never materialized.

Is there any option to retool another Norman figure and make a Mrs.Bates?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2019, 06:10:02 PM »
Is there any option to retool another Norman figure and make a Mrs.Bates?

I suppose it could be done if someone were creative enough. Using Norman's torso, which oddly enough was given boobies.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #321 on: September 17, 2019, 07:31:02 PM »
I pick one and stick to it. For instance, I decided I would get the Mezco 1:12 Frankenstein. I didn't buy the black and white. I was gonna stick with color.  I just don't do variants as a general rule of thumb.

I thought Mezco sold the color one as the "variant"? I got both, but found the b&w one to be better painted. Though, if you only collect color, it makes sense.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #322 on: September 17, 2019, 09:36:16 PM »
I thought Mezco sold the color one as the "variant"? I got both, but found the b&w one to be better painted. Though, if you only collect color, it makes sense.

What I mean by "no variant buying" is I go one type. All color or all whatever....no buying multiples b/c of paint variantions.  I ain't buying a Gogos painted version, a glow in the dark version, a black light version, a version that sings "how much is the doggy in the window" or anything like that. One and done. I picked color for the Mezco 1:12. Not that that one mattered,lol.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #323 on: September 17, 2019, 11:01:46 PM »
What I mean by "no variant buying" is I go one type. All color or all whatever....no buying multiples b/c of paint variantions.  I ain't buying a Gogos painted version, a glow in the dark version, a black light version, a version that sings "how much is the doggy in the window" or anything like that. One and done. I picked color for the Mezco 1:12. Not that that one mattered,lol.

There's a "how much is that doggy in the window" version? Dang, I missed out again.