Author Topic: I Hope There Is More Than This.  (Read 778 times)

Universal Steve

• Sergeant
  • There are far worse things awaiting man than death
    • Universal Steve
I Hope There Is More Than This.
« on: February 25, 2017, 06:26:36 PM »
I just saw some pictures from Toy Fair 2017 and checked the Universal Monster stuff.  All I saw was 3 Pop figures from the new Mummy movie which will probably bomb going by the trailer. They made transforming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which transform into the monsters. A variation of the original toy. Really! Finally they had the Kong Skull Island toys but I thought Warner Bros. bought the rights to Kong so it isn't even a Universal property anymore. They are getting worse every year at releasing good stuff (emphasise on swearing right now). Would it kill them to even give us that lunchbox from a couple of years ago. If it wasn't for the models I would have next to nothing coming into my Universal room. When will they get a clue!
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

YoungestMonsterKid

• Sergeant
Re: I Hope There Is More Than This.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:39:04 PM »
I just saw some pictures from Toy Fair 2017 and checked the Universal Monster stuff.  All I saw was 3 Pop figures from the new Mummy movie which will probably bomb going by the trailer. They made transforming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which transform into the monsters. A variation of the original toy. Really! Finally they had the Kong Skull Island toys but I thought Warner Bros. bought the rights to Kong so it isn't even a Universal property anymore. They are getting worse every year at releasing good stuff (emphasise on swearing right now). Would it kill them to even give us that lunchbox from a couple of years ago. If it wasn't for the models I would have next to nothing coming into my Universal room. When will they get a clue!
No surprise here. Curious what the Tom Cruise Pops look like. Even though it sucks. I actually like Vinyl Pops though.

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 06:42:48 PM »
"That's all there is.  There isn't anymore."

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »
Lets consider that around 25 years ago, we had hardly any Universal Monsters figures. Remco did 2 sizes in the early 80's. Then there was a big gap. After which, Hasbro came along and did dolls of the main Monsters. Then Sideshow took it to the next level with their 8 inch figures, then their 12 inch figures. Followed by another time gap and then Diamond Select throws their hat in the ring. Recently, we had Mezco release their 1:12 Frankenstein figures which are some of the most amazing figures for an scale, never mind how small they are.

Now of course, I always want more Monster figures. However, compared to growing up with essentially a choice of some 3.75 inch scale and 8 inch Remco Universal Monster figures. Also, the figures from some very taleneted customizer out there. The list we have now is like Monster Nirvana. ;D

thm

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 08:10:15 AM »
"That's all there is.  There isn't anymore."

"The rest is silence."

ADAM

YoungestMonsterKid

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 11:01:29 AM »
Lets consider that around 25 years ago, we had hardly any Universal Monsters figures. Remco did 2 sizes in the early 80's. Then there was a big gap. After which, Hasbro came along and did dolls of the main Monsters. Then Sideshow took it to the next level with their 8 inch figures, then their 12 inch figures. Followed by another time gap and then Diamond Select throws their hat in the ring. Recently, we had Mezco release their 1:12 Frankenstein figures which are some of the most amazing figures for an scale, never mind how small they are.

Now of course, I always want more Monster figures. However, compared to growing up with essentially a choice of some 3.75 inch scale and 8 inch Remco Universal Monster figures. Also, the figures from some very taleneted customizer out there. The list we have now is like Monster Nirvana. ;D

thm
I especially agree. I don't think we need any more slightly different figures of the same exact set of characters.

Gillfan

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 11:51:05 AM »
Just want to point out Mezco did many monster items in the past few years:

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »
Just want to point out Mezco did many monster items in the past few years:

And they are a bunch of fun! Long may you continue to make more.  :)
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!