The Howling

Started by tidroplane, January 31, 2017, 06:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tidroplane

Just finished this one, "The Howling" from Saul Alvarez. This Werewolf wallhanger bust is huge, 1/1 scale, about 29" tall by 20" wide and 12" deep. Like I said, he's huge! The casting I received was great and required very little prep. I really enjoyed painting this one and tried to stay close to the color tones from the movie. I added some whiskers and a bit of drool in the back of his mouth. You hardly see any large sculpts from this classic movie, so I had to have it! It really was a pleasure to paint such a huge werewolf, I hope you like it as much as I do!

Listen to them...Children of the night...What music they make!

long live kong

Amazing work! The sculpt is fantastic and your paint up is spot on!
Monster lovers never grow old....

Jim Bertges

That is a thing of beauty! From the slime to the whiskers, your paint work perfectly compliments the fantastic sculpt. I hope it has a place of honor on one of your best walls.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Palifan

Really impressive work and the head sculpt is amazing!

Ian

Gory Glenn

Looks perfect! Great job!

the_horror_man

Beautiful work! Please post pics form different angles, thank you.

thm

long live kong

I always liked that Werewolf design, with the pointy ears and snout.
Monster lovers never grow old....

Rogerbee

That is superb!!

CHEERS!

tidroplane

Thanks for the kind words guys! This really was a great piece to paint up, rumor has it that a life size bust from An American Werewolf in London may be coming soon! I'll have to save a space next to this one! Thanks again!

Mord

Excellent work, Tidroplane. I'm impressed by your attention to detail. I wouldn't get my hand to close to those deadly-looking teeth. Ouch!

tidroplane

Quote from: Mord on February 08, 2017, 04:47:49 PM
Excellent work, Tidroplane. I'm impressed by your attention to detail. I wouldn't get my hand to close to those deadly-looking teeth. Ouch!

Haha.... Thanks Mord, My dog hates this one and growls at it!

twilitezoner

Quote from: tidroplane on February 15, 2017, 02:33:28 AM

Haha.... Thanks Mord, My dog hates this one and growls at it!

Amazing work and the fact that your dog growls at it. Is there a better endorsement of your work? I think not.

tidroplane

Quote from: twilitezoner on February 17, 2017, 04:09:48 PM
Amazing work and the fact that your dog growls at it. Is there a better endorsement of your work? I think not.

Thanks man! My dog was good enough to pose for the layout of the whiskers for this one, lol. Another bust of the same size is in the works from An American Werewolf in London. When I receive it I'm thinking my dog won't like that one much either!!