Aurora Monsters Collection

Started by StyreneDude, December 29, 2016, 05:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StyreneDude

Here's a nice group shot of the four kits I've completed so far...the Phantom of the Opera is next!

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

the_horror_man

All are great, but that Mummy is amazing. I remember when you first posted it. I thought it was probably the most well done job on that kit that I have ever seen.

thm

StyreneDude

Quote from: the_horror_man on December 29, 2016, 05:24:11 PM
All are great, but that Mummy is amazing. I remember when you first posted it. I thought it was probably the most well done job on that kit that I have ever seen.

thm

Thank you thm!   I'll be revisiting them all again...I have plans for at least 5 sets. In addition to these "standard" versions i want to do a black and white series, a 60's style "monster colors" series using Testors glossy enamels, a box art series, and an awesome "faux glow" series, a technique which I've been perfecting.

Jethro

I have a ton of fantastic resin kits and I enjoy painting them but nothing is more pleasurable then an Aurora monster model.  From the box art, the instructions, and the kit itself, nothing compares.
Yours are masterpieces.

Cerebus

http://parlorofhorror.wordpress.com All things horror, and some sci-fi, too!

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

spideydroogy

Very cool.  I really like your shiny creature.  Reminds me of shiny reptile skin.   Frankenstein has a serious "dead" look about him. 
"Time flies like and arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
- Groucho Marx

Herr Hussmann

Love the paint job on Frankenstein's Monster!

YoungestMonsterKid

hope to one day have the skill and patience to do paint so fine

Hepcat

Quote from: StyreneDude on December 29, 2016, 05:51:01 PMI'll be revisiting them all again.... i want to do ... a 60's style "monster colors" series using Testors glossy enamels, a box art series, and an awesome "faux glow" series, a technique which I've been perfecting.

Yeah, classic monster kid versions! I want to see those.

8)

Collecting! It's what I do!

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

empty13