Theory and Conjecture Thread

Started by Memphremagog, December 23, 2016, 05:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphremagog

This thread is devoted to speculations and theories of what may have occurred before, during or after the events of our favorite horror/sci-fi films. Have you ever wondered just what went on after the events of THE WOLF MAN for example? Was there an investigation of just how Sir John Talbot slew his son, despite Col.Montford theorizing that Larry was defending Gwen from the wolf. We know that Sir John actually saw Larry transform back to human after he killed the Wolf Man and the shock of what happened eventually would kill him. What about Gwen? Does she recall seeing the monster that attacked her was a werewolf and not a regular wolf as the village had been saying? The police constable in FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN says that the murders were attributed to a strange animal that killed people..does anyone think that it was strange that after Larry was killed, the murders stopped?

Things like this that make one think...I realize that not all of the films may have an interesting side tale going for them, however I'm sure members on here have their own theories in regard to certain films that they might like to share..

I'll start it off with another possible premise; in THE MUMMY, we see that Imhotep is accidently revived in 1922. Now we jump to the British Museum's expedition to find the princess' tomb and it's 1932 when Imhotep(now as Ardath Bey) shows up and offers the location on where to find the burial site. Just what was Imhotep doing for ten years from the time he left the insane Ralph Norton and took the Scroll of Thoth to when he introduces himself to Professor Pearson and Frank Whemple? It isnt stated anywhere in the script that I could find. Any guesses? :)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Ludi

Imhotep is significantly less mummified as Ardath Bey, so I think he spent those ten years gathering magical rejuvenating materials, restoring himself to semi-humanity, and establishing himself as a living person in the modern world.

Memphremagog

Quote from: Ludi on December 23, 2016, 11:17:45 PM
Imhotep is significantly less mummified as Ardath Bey, so I think he spent those ten years gathering magical rejuvenating materials, restoring himself to semi-humanity, and establishing himself as a living person in the modern world.

It's true that his appearance is altered somewhat when he reappears. Nice theory there! :)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Zackuth

Imhotep probably spent time learning a new language and catching up on history.

Any investigation would have ended with Larry saving Gwen and accidently killed by Sir John.  Any mention of a werewolf would have been dismissed as "stress of the situation" and mistaken memories. 
"Listen to them; the children of the night.  What music they make!"  Dracula