Full Moon Studios/Charles Band features

Started by Memphremagog, May 27, 2017, 06:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphremagog

Any fans of the product that Full Moon and/or Charles Band has turned out over the years? Admittedly there is some junk there with stuff like Gingerdead Man(with Gary Busey!) and Evil Bong, etc..but they have also had some pretty decent stuff over the years such as RE-ANIMATOR, FROM BEYOND, CASTLE FREAK, SUBSPECIES, WITCHOUSE and several others..

They have also had some decent actors over the years from Lance Henrikson, Oliver Reed, Barbara Crampton and Chuck Connors to Guy Rolfe and William Shatner. Not too shabby.

Horror stalwart Jeffrey Combs got his start doing many a film for them.

Favorites anyone? :)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

horrorhunter

The Stuart Gordon films are excellent. Re-Animator and From Beyond stand tall as classics (though I don't think they were Full Moon Productions).

My favorite Full Moon Productions are Castle Freak and Doctor Mordrid both with the great Jeffrey Combs. Doctor Mordrid was intended to be a Doctor Strange adaptation but the rights didn't fall with the filmmakers so the script was changed. Combs is really good as the pseudo Dr. Strange.

Regarding Full Moon Productions' overall output it's a mixed bag as you say. Most of it is fun to watch and there are a few gems in there along with a sizable chunk of dreck.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Of Full Moon. I dig the Puppet Master series, Castle Freak and TerrorVision. I think the Dungeon Master film is Full Moon. In which I really enjoy, too.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

My fave Full Moon is "Puppet Master III" ( the one in Nazi Germany). "Castle Freak" was pretty cool, too. It had that "Euro-horror" feel.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on May 28, 2017, 04:53:59 AM
My fave Full Moon is "Puppet Master III" ( the one in Nazi Germany). "Castle Freak" was pretty cool, too. It had that "Euro-horror" feel.

Puppet Master III, is super rad. Love it!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Some of my favorites:

WITCHOUSE 3: DEMON FIRE(2001)

THE KILLER EYE(1999)

DEATH BED(2002)

HELL ASYLUM(2002)

NECRONOMICON(1993)

SUBSPECIES(1991)

THE DEAD WANT WOMEN(2012)

DARK SHADOWS:

Mord

Forgot about "Subspecies". That's another great Full Moon flick.

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mord on May 28, 2017, 06:52:20 PM
Forgot about "Subspecies". That's another great Full Moon flick.

The whole series of Subspecies films are pretty great..
DARK SHADOWS:

Palifan

Wow those Subspecies monsters sure did take a lot of inspiration from The Gate. Haven't seen any of these films though so looks like they're quite recommended and worth a look, always good to have something else to look into.

Ian