"The Walking Dead" Season 8

Started by Mike Scott, October 24, 2016, 06:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

All valid points, geezer!  And yes, Carl's death was anti-climatic!  Maybe they wanted to do something different from the usual "OMG He's dead!!"
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

ChristineBCW

I think the killing off characters that the audience cares for is killing off the reasons to watch it.  It's more like an erosion, for me.  I just don't care.  I won't watch it until Negan is killed.  When I read that in the spoilers, then I'll watch that episode.  As long as the show's producers want to erode the reasons for me to care to watch, then fine... I will follow their desire: don't watch.

And after seeing the latest comix, set some year or two or 8 months or whatever ahead of the TV show, and Negan's still there, I have zero interest in it. 

I AM kinda glad that Carl was bit the way he was.  He's spent at least 6 seasons whining about how he can take care of himself... well, Carl, how'd that work out?  Now we'll see if his college days doom his acting career or if he gets a chance to take a deep breathe and do something else. 

Mike Scott

Quote from: ChristineBCW on March 01, 2018, 01:24:50 AM
I think the killing off characters that the audience cares for is killing off the reasons to watch it.

How many 1st season regulars are left? 3?  How many from the 2nd season? 1? They
re running out of my favorite characters.

If Negan survives this season, I'll definitely lose interest.
CREATURE FAN

the_horror_man

I agree that Neegan has to go.  Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a good actor and I don't blame him for the show's decline.

Things may get better because Gimple has been "promoted" out of writing. We now have a new writed, so things might pick up.

thm

Mike Scott

Been waiting for this guy to get his, but now that it's happened, I'm gonna miss hating that guy! I wonder if he'll show up as a zombie in future episodes?

Do you think Neegan will get it, next week, or are we stuck with him for another season?

About Morgan and the crossover to "Fear". "Fear" is supposed to be early in the apocalypse, so how is he "stick guy" already? And how did he get from the east coast to the west coast and back again? And when? It would have to be after his 2nd meeting with Rick and his later meeting with the stick master, but that wasn't very early in the apoc, was it?
CREATURE FAN

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 09, 2018, 04:09:51 AM
Been waiting for this guy to get his, but now that it's happened, I'm gonna miss hating that guy! I wonder if he'll show up as a zombie in future episodes?

Do you think Neegan will get it, next week, or are we stuck with him for another season?

About Morgan and the crossover to "Fear". "Fear" is supposed to be early in the apocalypse, so how is he "stick guy" already? And how did he get from the east coast to the west coast and back again? And when? It would have to be after his 2nd meeting with Rick and his later meeting with the stick master, but that wasn't very early in the apoc, was it?
Mike, it's been confirmed that this is the final season for Jeffrey Dean Morgan, so Negan will get what is coming to him before this season is out.  How and who many he takes with him is yet to be confirmed.  Fear the Walking Dead is moving east to Texas this season, and Morgan is splitting after the Negan war to head west to meet them.  Fear has time-skipped its way to catch up to The Walking Dead, meaning no, this isn't some elaborate Morgan flashback.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on April 09, 2018, 11:46:59 PM
Mike, it's been confirmed that this is the final season for Jeffrey Dean Morgan, so Negan will get what is coming to him before this season is out.  How and who many he takes with him is yet to be confirmed.  Fear the Walking Dead is moving east to Texas this season, and Morgan is splitting after the Negan war to head west to meet them.  Fear has time-skipped its way to catch up to The Walking Dead, meaning no, this isn't some elaborate Morgan flashback.

This could be considered a spoiler. ;D There is only one more episode left.

thm

Mike Scott

Mike, it's been confirmed that this is the final season for Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Well, they've got a lot of story to tell in the season finale, next Sunday!

Fear has time-skipped its way to catch up to The Walking Dead

So, the 4th season opener is gonna take place years after the previous season finale? What a cheap trick.
CREATURE FAN

long live kong

Mike, it's been confirmed that this is the final season for Jeffrey Dean Morgan,

Maybe he'll appear in future seasons (after missing the next season).
Monster lovers never grow old....

Mike Scott

So, what did y'all think? Satisfied? Dissatisfied?

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!

Eugene the hero!!! Is all forgiven? I had a feeling, but wasn't sure until it happened.

I thought Neegan was done for, when Rick slashed his throat. Then when I saw him lying there still chocking, I knew he was gonna live. (Darn!)
CREATURE FAN

zombiehorror

Negan was imprisoned in the comics as well but Carl would sneak in and visit/talk with him; presumably Carl would make yet another dumb decision and let him out.  Not sure if that happened yet or not as I only read the Compendiums; I'm also not sure who is going to make a dumb decision on the show regarding Negan..besides Rick keeping him alive to begin with...possibly Jesus, Maggie or Daryl.

As far as Eugene, it's one of the ballsiest thing he's done and along time coming.  I doubt all is forgiven, he'll probably be in the craplist for awhile.

Mike Scott

Quote from: zombiehorror on April 17, 2018, 02:26:40 AM
Negan was imprisoned in the comics as well but Carl would sneak in and visit/talk with him.

I thought Carl died in the comics, as well? What were the circumstances? Was it after Neegan's downfall? (I guess it was.)

Quote from: zombiehorror on April 17, 2018, 02:26:40 AM
As far as Eugene . . I doubt all is forgiven, he'll probably be in the craplist for awhile.

At least Rosita didn't shoot him on sight!  Clocked him, though! ;D
CREATURE FAN

zombiehorror

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 17, 2018, 04:21:22 AM
I thought Carl died in the comics, as well? What were the circumstances? Was it after Neegan's downfall? (I guess it was.)

I believe Carl is still alive and kicking in the comic series.

Mike Scott

Quote from: zombiehorror on April 17, 2018, 10:47:59 AM
I believe Carl is still alive and kicking in the comic series.

I looked it up. He is. Don't know why the comics and the show are so different?
CREATURE FAN

ChristineBCW

Negan's survived at least 2 years in the comix, so did Carl but frankly, I'm going to stick by the analysis: "Gilligan did more on his island than WALKING DEAD has done."

The FEAR series was at least 7 or 8 years 'behind' WALKING DEAD - Carl's age 7 (2nd Grade) into older teen, "able to vote" was one comment - had quite a few time-leaps between seasons.   But FEAR hasn't had those.  NOW we get this 7, 8 year jump?  Gag...

I was truly hoping the so-called 'crossover' would be Morgan's 'time away', his 'clearing' time, and that he'd left the East, headed west and stumbled onto the FEAR cast in their Year 2 (which would match Morgan's Year 2 as well).  Then, Morgan heads back east where he sets up his own li'l town and runs across Rick a couple of years later, stabs him in a fight upstairs and proceeds back to WALKING DEAD's timeline. 

FEAR's crew has definitely gone radical, researching and plotting to commandeer fancy vehicles.  I wonder if Alicia has spent time in a Japanese well, looking up, seeing only a ring of light before crawling into people's living rooms?