Author Topic: "The Walking Dead" Season 8  (Read 13429 times)

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
"The Walking Dead" Season 8
« on: October 24, 2016, 01:32:10 AM »
So, did anybody watch the season opener? I won't spoil it for you, but after waiting 6 months to find out who died, they stretched it out another 20+ min. Man, you're killin' me!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:47:40 PM by Mike Scott »
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

• Sergeant
  • Strange days have found us...
Re: "The Walking Dead" Season 7
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 03:13:41 AM »
I saw it and it did not disappoint...some intense situations there. 
The difference between martyrdom & suicide is press coverage...

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 09:26:44 AM »
Hated it. It solely exists to slaughter and maim the central characters. Its become the worst kind of garbage to me the closer it gets to the comics.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 10:05:19 AM »
I wasn't terribly shocked at who got killed, because I had become pretty convinced that's who it would be from reading what people were speculating.  Still, a sad day for long time fans. Now, the long wait till the time when Negan get's his! (Hopefully with a bat with barbed wire wrapped around it!)
CREATURE FAN

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
  • They're dead...they're all messed up.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »
I wasn't terribly shocked at who got killed, because I had become pretty convinced that's who it would be from reading what people were speculating.  Still, a sad day for long time fans. Now, the long wait till the time when Negan get's his! (Hopefully with a bat with barbed wire wrapped around it!)

It was pretty horrifying. Hard to watch actually. Negan sure knows how to play the psychological game as well as use physical intimidation. Not an easy thing to do to get Rick Grimes to concede. Like you said Mike, now it's just a matter of time before Negan gets his but I think that's going to be a long time from now. Fans are really diggin' Negan thanks in large part to Jefferey Dean Morgan. Interesting factoid from imdb, he played an uncredited role as Bruce Wayne's father Thomas Wayne in Batman vs. Superman.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 10:58:40 AM »
Fans are really diggin' Negan thanks in large part to Jefferey Dean Morgan.

I'm diggin' Morgan, but hatin' Negan!  ;)
CREATURE FAN

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »
I thought the episode was excellent and heartbreaking. I wasn't expecting the 2nd victim...wow! I really like the Negan character, great villain well played by Morgan. I also loved the after-show at the Hollywood Cemetery.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 01:37:57 PM »
I wasn't expecting the 2nd victim...wow!

A certain person has a lot of explaining to do (and penitence to do) for a rash act! I wouldn't want to be him and have to look at myself in the mirror.
CREATURE FAN

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
  • They're dead...they're all messed up.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 01:46:32 PM »
A certain person has a lot of explaining to do (and penitence to do) for a rash act! I wouldn't want to be him and have to look at myself in the mirror.

That's for sure. But his own self guilt will be the most he'll have to endure I'd guess. Being Daryl I don't think the others are going to hold him responsible, they'll be lookin" at Negan for that debt.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 01:55:48 PM »
. . they'll be lookin" at Negan for that debt.

He is ultimately responsible, of course.
CREATURE FAN

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 02:41:29 PM »
I felt the same way. Negan clearly explained the rules and consequences. I really thought that a certain somebody was going to lose a body part. I was surprised it didn't happen, to be honest.

long live kong

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 03:42:59 PM »

Negan's not a very nice man is he? My missus was sobbing her heart out at that scene bless her. A cracking episode and I can't wait to see Negan's comeuppance...he makes the Governor seem like mother bloody Theresa!
Monster lovers never grow old....

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 04:08:42 PM »
Negan's not a very nice man is he? My missus was sobbing her heart out at that scene bless her. A cracking episode and I can't wait to see Negan's comeuppance...he makes the Governor seem like mother bloody Theresa!
Is Walking Dead popular in England? I agree with your comments bout Negan,  he is bad to the bone. Excellent villain! I think Rick and the group are going to toughen up very quickly.

long live kong

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 04:20:53 PM »

Yep it has a huge fanbase over here Mord, it premiers on the Monday here so I avoided this thread until tonight! It's easily my favourite show, it's shocking that it gets overlooked at the awards.
 Yeah Rick and the gang have to pull it together, all-out war is coming!
Monster lovers never grow old....

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »
Horror always gets overlooked when it comes to awards. The only horror film to ever receive  best picture Oscar was "Silence of the Lambs". Very snobbish unimaginative  people  make up the academies.