The Minor Films I Most Want To See On BLU-RAY

Started by Monsters For Sale, September 08, 2016, 05:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

With so many minor movies finally coming out on DVD and Blu-Ray, I got to thinking about what small films I most want to see get official, fully-restored releases (dare I wish with Commentary?) in the near future.

I think the three I most want to see on Blu-Ray (with extras) are The Man From Planet X, The Day the World Ended and Invasion of the Saucer Men.

I first saw The Man From Planet X on TV one night when I was home alone at a very young age.  (The only time I can remember ever being left alone.  My parents made a quick run to the drug store for some item they needed.)  I was lying on the floor, quite close to the TV, when the music welled up and The Man peered out of the spaceship window, his face filling the big TV screen.  I quickly changed channels until my heart rate returned to normal.  Just a few seconds later, when I returned to the station it was on, (we had to go all around the circular dial to get back in those days), I was disappointed to find that The Man's face was no longer in the window.  I felt foolish for being frightened.

The other two I can recall seeing first run in our little theatre.  I enjoyed them both immensely. Funny how some first viewings are so easy to recall.

What low budget favorites do you most look forward to seeing given first class releases?
ADAM

Mord

Invasion of the Saucermen for sure. I've been clinging to my bootleg copy forever. I would love to see the 70s Ilsa grindhouse movies on BR.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on September 08, 2016, 05:59:53 PM
Invasion of the Saucermen for sure. I've been clinging to my bootleg copy forever. I would love to see the 70s Ilsa grindhouse movies on BR.

What would make it perfect for me is, of course, Commentary - plus the inclusion of the made-for-TV color "remake" The Eye Creatures as an extra.  Not likey to happen as I think they are from different studios and all copies of Eye Creatures that I have seen are in terrible condition.

C'mon, Guys.  What's at the top of your wish list?
ADAM

Anton Phibes

On top of mine were

1. Boy Who Cried Werewolf
2. Without Warning
3. Dark Night of the Scarecrow
4. House of the Long Shadows
5. Monster of pierdas Blancas

Those got cleaned up quite nicely and made to blu ray, or are on their way

What I would really like to still see, that hasn't been touched:

1. Wasp Woman ...public domain...and crummy copies available. But the blu ray treatment and restoration would be a thing of beauty

2. Teenage Frankenstein

3. Teenage Werewolf

4. Hand of Death

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

I wants:

THE FLAME BARRIER

THE GAMMA PEOPLE

SPACEMASTER X-7

THE LOST MISSILE

and the Suzy Six!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 10, 2016, 06:41:21 PM
Do you need DVD-Rs of those?

I have my bootlegs safe and tucked away....but thanks for the offer! You're aces!

marsattacks666

That would be fantastic, an ILSA bluray release. Also, Invasion of the Saucermen. My Saucermen copy
is beyond old.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Guess i'm not sure if this counts as "minor" film, but I want original Godzilla versus Mechagodzilla on blue-ray and Godzilla 1985.

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on September 10, 2016, 10:29:39 PM
Guess i'm not sure if this counts as "minor" film, but I want original Godzilla versus Mechagodzilla on blue-ray and Godzilla 1985.

I would like to see thoses films on bluray, Geezer.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

Invasion of the Saucermen for sure. I've been clinging to my bootleg copy forever.

I agree with this 100%. I have been hanging on to a bootleg I picked up at a hole-in-the-wall comic convention a few years back, just waiting for an official release. The other big 3 on my list would be Earth vs. The Spider (1958), I Married a Monster from Outer Space (1958) & Teenagers from Outer Space (1959).
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Memphremagog

In no particular order:

The Flesh Eaters

The Slime People

Mutiny In Outer Space

Women Of the Prehistoric Planet

Devil-Girl From Mars

Cat Girl

Terror From the Year 5000

Giant From the Unknown

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Memphremagog on September 11, 2016, 10:28:58 PM
...Giant From the Unknown

Giant would make a great Blu-Ray.  Image Entertainment put out a very nice DVD of a copy from the Wade Williams Collection.  So we know superior elements still exist.  (I'm gonna re-watch that one right now.)

It would be fun to have a commentary about this very low budget film that used makeup created by Jack Pierce.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Not a "minor" film in the sense we have been talking about - but not a $200,000,000 blockbuster, either:

Just finished watching "Matinee" with John Goodman.  THAT is a film I would love to see get a Deluxe Collector's Edition BLU-Ray release. 

It should come with Director and Film Historian Commentaries  -  Cast Commentary/Reunion/Interviews  -  The complete "MANT!" feature  -  Postcard-sized posters  -  and maybe coupons for Full-Sized Mail-away "MANT!" posters.

I'd be first in line to pre-order mine!
ADAM