Sideshow Premium Format Leatherface figure coming soon

Started by the_horror_man, August 04, 2016, 03:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

My mistake, it was Grandpa. Cool collection,  though.

knewby

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gory Glenn

Quote from: knewby on August 05, 2016, 07:31:48 PM

Really nice. My favorite TCM movie. Who makes the Nubbins bust? Outstanding! Would love to see more pics of your collection.

EDIT: Looks like a Monte Ward Nubbins? I'm guessing the Funhouse Frankenstein is to Nubbins left? These are really premium beautiful pieces. Love it!

marsattacks666

knewby

Hello sir, the Nubbins was sculpted by David Bartrug,,Monte did the paint, hair, stitches and found matching marbles for the eye. The funhouse set is by Monte also.......Larry

Gory Glenn

Quote from: knewby on August 06, 2016, 12:11:55 PM
Hello sir, the Nubbins was sculpted by David Bartrug,,Monte did the paint, hair, stitches and found matching marbles for the eye. The funhouse set is by Monte also.......Larry

Thanks for the info.  :)

the_horror_man

First look. They nailed the shape of the mask and the hair. However, the eyes and nose are off. In reference to the eyes, they made a huge mistake. They made the eyes on the mask, angry. The original mask had no expression. It was supposed to be a mask of someone's face. It would be sagging and drooping, not have a full anger expression. Even when you did see Hansen's eyes in the film, they were never angry. They were either crazy wide or expressionless. I think I am going to pass on this. Actually a bit upset because I have been looking forward to this figure for a while.

thm

http://dailydead.com/first-look-at-sideshow-collectibles-new-leatherface-premium-format-figure/

Mord

Man, you are picky. This figure looks fine to me. I won't buy it because I have become a cheap bastard in the last few months, but not because of a lapse in quality. It's a very nice piece that will look nicer in person, imo.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on August 12, 2016, 08:28:03 PM
Man, you are picky. This figure looks fine to me. I won't buy it because I have become a cheap bastard in the last few months, but not because of a lapse in quality. It's a very nice piece that will look nicer in person, imo.

It is a beautiful piece and masterfully sculpted. However, it just shows something that was not in the film. Also, it doesn't make sense that a cut off face would have an expression. I know that I am very picky when it comes to these sort of things. I think if the left eyebrow was re sculpted and the eyes darkened a bit, this would be even more amazing because it would be a close likeness.

thm

Gory Glenn

I do see what thm is talking about. On the figure his brow is furled at the bridge of the nose. This is what gives it it's angry look to me. Look at the movie close up below and it is definitely expressionless. Being that his mask is dried skin it would not reflect any expression made under the mask. This may have been an artistic decision rather than an inaccuracy.