New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Universal 10 Film Sci-Fi Collection - BLU-Ray - Universal Pictures - Released:  September 29, 2020

This is a 10-Disc collection.

Includes:

12 Monkeys
     Hellboy II
     The Golden Army
     Lucy, Oblivion
     Pacific Rim Uprising
     Pitch Black
     Repo Men
     Serenity
     Seventh Son
     Waterworld

Starring Bruce Willis, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Cruise, Vin Diesel, Jude Law, Forest Whitaker and Kevin Costner.

Universal also released 10 Film Collections of 80's, Animation, Action and Comedy movies on the same day.  BLU-Ray prices are $46 and DVD Prices are $30 - pretty cheap per-disc cost.

(Click on picture for larger image.)
ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 01, 2020, 06:56:13 AM
Killdozer, 1974

A memorable "Movie of the Week", but kind of a poor man's "Duel"
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 01, 2020, 11:48:41 AM
Anybody seen this? Any good?   

From an earlier post of mine:

The Day of the Triffids, 1981 - Most of humanity is stricken blind by viewing the near approach of a spectacular comet.  A few are spared, only to be hunted by walking, carnivorous plants

John Duttine, Emma Ralph, Maurice Colbourne, Stephen Yardley and Gary Olsen.

This BBC TV 6-part, half hour serial more closely follows the book by including an environmental angle - a sub-plot that is blown way up, distractingly so, in the 2-Part TV re-make of 2009.

Of all the incarnations, I think I like the original book best, one of the 3 BBC radio serials (I can't remember which - maybe the 1957 one), then this 6-episode TV presentation next, then the theatrical movie and the 2009 re-telling the least..
ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 01, 2020, 11:48:41 AM
Anybody seen this? Any good?

Mike. I had The Day of the Triffids on VHS. I really don't like the Television show, nor the 1962 film. But....that's just my opinion.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 01, 2020, 02:26:40 PM
Mike. I had The Day of the Triffids on VHS. I really don't like the Television show, nor the 1962 film. But....that's just my opinion.

Try the 1957 BBC radio serial.

It really helps if you don't actually see the flowers walking.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 01, 2020, 12:26:16 PM
Of all the incarnations, I think I like the original book best, one of the 3 BBC radio serials

I'll have to see if those radio shows are on archive.org.
CREATURE FAN

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 01, 2020, 02:26:40 PM
I really don't like the Television show, nor the 1962 film.

I'm a sucker for classic period Brit Sci-Fi !
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Giant From the Unknown, 1958 - BLU-Ray - Film Detective - Scheduled for release:  January 19, 2021

Ed Kemmer, Sally Fraser, Bob Steele, Morris Ankrum, Oliver Blake,  Jolene Brand, Billy Dix and Buddy Baer.

Professor of archeology digging in the California mountains turns up more than the expected minor artifacts.

Makeup by Jack P. Pierce.

Extra Features:

.  NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
   .  Audio Commentary with Author/ Historian Tom Weaver and Guests
   .  Audio Commentary with co-star Gary Crutcher
   .  'YOU'RE A B-MOVIE STAR, CHARLIE BROWN' - An all-new interview actor/screenwriter Gary Crutcher
   .  'THE MAN WITH A BADGE: BOB STEELE IN THE 1950'S' - An all-new interview with author/film historian C. Courtney Joyner
   .  Still Gallery
   .  Restoration trailer
   .  Collector's booklet written by author/historian Tom Weaver
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 01, 2020, 08:39:09 PM
I'm a sucker for classic period Brit Sci-Fi ! 

I just pay cash for mine.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 04, 2020, 01:03:46 PM
       I just pay cash for mine.

Some people prefer more traditional forms of payment.

CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 04, 2020, 05:17:20 PM
Some people prefer more traditional forms of payment.

Awwww. Pretty 🍭
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Time Travelers, The, 1964 - BLU-Ray - Kino Lorber - Scheduled release date:  Not announced

Preston Foster, Philip Carey, Merry Anders, John Hoyt, Delores Wells and  Forrest J. Ackerman.

Scientists travel 127 years into a post-apocalyptic future and try to join the survivors in a desperate escape to a safer place.

Expected release in early 2021.   

No special features announced yet.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Just got an email from SHOUT!: 

They shipped my orders of How To Make a Monster and War of the Colossal Beast - two weeks early.

It's been a l-o-n-g wait, but that's the last of the my many pre-orders from them.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 04, 2020, 09:18:48 AM

Giant From the Unknown, 1958 - BLU-Ray - Film Detective - Scheduled for release:  January 19, 2021

Ed Kemmer, Sally Fraser, Bob Steele, Morris Ankrum, Oliver Blake,  Jolene Brand, Billy Dix and Buddy Baer.

Professor of archeology digging in the California mountains turns up more than the expected minor artifacts.

Makeup by Jack P. Pierce.

Extra Features:

.  NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
   .  Audio Commentary with Author/ Historian Tom Weaver and Guests
   .  Audio Commentary with co-star Gary Crutcher
   .  'YOU'RE A B-MOVIE STAR, CHARLIE BROWN' - An all-new interview actor/screenwriter Gary Crutcher
   .  'THE MAN WITH A BADGE: BOB STEELE IN THE 1950'S' - An all-new interview with author/film historian C. Courtney Joyner
   .  Still Gallery
   .  Restoration trailer
   .  Collector's booklet written by author/historian Tom Weaver

The Digital Bits has announced some additional information about a special limited edition for Giant:

Giant From the Unknown, 1958 - BLU-Ray - Film Detective - Scheduled for release - 2021 - Deluxe Edition

"The Film Detective has announced Richard E. Cunha's science-fiction classic, Giant from the Unknown (1958), for release as a Limited-Edition Giant Cult Film Box Set on Blu-ray and DVD on 12/17 (SRP $64.95 and $59.95). There will also be a wide-release edition on Blu-ray and DVD on 1/19/21 (SRP $24.95 and $19.95). From the official press release:

"Inspired by the film, the Limited-Edition Giant Cult Film Box Set features exclusive collectibles that will thrill any cult classic film fan, including a 13-month cult film calendar, bookmark, magnet, custom playing card deck and lapel pin inspired by Vargas the Giant himself. And that's not all! Each box set will also include a surprise, TFD Vault cult film, recently restored from the original camera negative in stunning 4K and a one-year subscription to The Film Detective app, unlocking thousands of classic film and television titles available on iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV. At an $120+ value, the Limited-Edition Giant Cult Film Box Set is the perfect holiday treat. And if this giant offer at giant savings wasn't incentive enough, the first 100 Blu-ray box set orders will receive their copy of Giant from the Unknown in a special blood-red Blu-ray case."

Extras on the discs (all versions) will include audio commentary with author/historian Tom Weaver and guests, audio commentary with co-star Gary Crutcher, 2 featurettes (including You're a B-Movie Star, Charlie Brown and The Man with a Badge: Bob Steele in the 1950s), the original trailer, and a Blu-ray collector's booklet with still gallery and liner notes by Weaver."

Who'd a thunk it, for this little title?
ADAM