New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on June 30, 2020, 12:45:10 PM
It looks like the Vestron Video Collector's Series is back from the dead with two new releases:

While I haven't loved every movie in the series, I'm glad to see the line isn't dead. There are still a few gems that I'm hoping they release.

Hey!

Target has the Shivers BLU-Ray on sale.  Pre-Order price (for September 15) is just $12.69.

https://www.target.com/p/shivers-blu-ray/-/A-80595990
ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 13, 2020, 09:11:03 PM
Hey!

Target has the Shivers BLU-Ray on sale.  Pre-Order price (for September September 15) is just $12.69.

Cool! Thank you for this post.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on July 13, 2020, 05:47:18 PM
Scream Factory is doing a Friday the 13th set.

Definitely interested in Part 3 in polarized 3D format but I don't need the other films....again, my dvd set is good enough for those.

geezer butler

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 13, 2020, 08:42:40 PM
I've never seen any of them and that was too much!  ;D

Come on Mike ;)! Friday the 13th is awesome. He's prob my favorite slasher to collect. I have all the movies on blue ray and dvd anyhow, but that set does look rad.

2019-01-17_07-29-07 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Mike Scott

Quote from: geezer butler on July 14, 2020, 11:11:12 PM
Come on Mike ;)! Friday the 13th is awesome.

Never been a slasher movie fan. A few, like the first HALLOWEEN, but that's it.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on July 14, 2020, 11:11:12 PM
Come on Mike ;)! Friday the 13th is awesome. He's prob my favorite slasher to collect. I have all the movies on blue ray and dvd anyhow, but that set does look rad.

2019-01-17_07-29-07 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Geez. I preorder the set. All the special features are incredibly fantastic. 🤘🏻
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Got an email from Shout, yesterday.  They shipped my pre-order copies of The Tenant and The Graveyard Shift - 14 days before official release date.  They will get to me Thursday or Friday. 

Was really glad to see that the COVID-19 mess is not slowing them down.  They still are pumping them out.

Next month will bring Tales From the Darkside and Universal Horror Collection, 6.
ADAM

Memphremagog

Coming September 22 from SHOUT FACTORY:

Extras to be announced at a later date
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

geezer butler

Quote from: Memphremagog on July 19, 2020, 12:09:59 AM

Hell yeah! My fav VP film. I have it as part of the VP collection blue ray box set.

marsattacks666

Right on!✊

BRICK

DON'T BUY IT!!!

For just over over twice the price you can get SIX films (including this one) now that SHOUT is re-releasing the Vincent Price collection the same day!  ;)

When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

capoetc

Thanks for posting about the Vincent Price Collection going back into production!

I missed it the first time .... won't miss it this time!  :-)

The prices on eBay were prohibitive after it sold out, so I figured it made sense for it to be produced again if the demand was sufficient.
"Sometimes I have wondered whether life wouldn't be much more amusing if we were all devils, no nonsense about angels and being good."

Monsters For Sale

Terror In the Aisles, 1984 - BLU-Ray - Scream Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  October 13, 2020

Clips of over 70 scary films with narration.  Kind of horror's answer to musical's That's Entertainment.

Too early for Bonus Features.

I remember liking it, but not being blown away, when I saw it in the theater.  Not sure if I'd still like it today.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Motel Hell, 1980 - BLU-Ray (Steelbook) - Scream Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  October 13, 2020

Instructional video about Motel Management and gardening tips for people who don't like vegetables.

Here are the Steelbook extras compared with Scream's 2014 BLU-Ray edition:

2020 BLU-Ray

Bonus Features

NEW 4K Transfer From The Original Camera Negative
     Audio Commentary With Director Kevin Connor, Moderated By Dave Parker
     "It Takes All Kinds: The Making Of Motel Hell" – Featuring Interviews w. Kevin Connor, Producers/Writers Robert Jaffe And Steven-Charles Jaffe And Actor Marc Silver
     "Shooting Old School" With Cinematographer Thomas Del Ruth
     "Another Head On The Chopping Block" – Interview With Actor Paul Linke
     "From Glamour To Gore" – Interview With Actress Rosanne Katon
     "Ida, Be Thy Name" – A Look Back At Motel Hell's Frightful Female Protagonist, Ida Smith
     Theatrical Trailer
     Still Gallery

For $8 more than the Amazon pre-order price from Scream includes:  Exclusive 28.5" x 16.5" Rolled Lithograph of their new artwork (available while supplies last)

2014 BLU-Ray

Bonus Features

NEW Audio Commentary With Director Kevin Connor, Moderated By Dave Parker
     NEW Interviews w. Kevin Connor, Producers/Writers Robert Jaffe And Steven Charles Jaffe, Actor Marc Silver And Stunt Co-ordinator Gene Hartline
     Interviews With Actors Paul Linke And Rosanne Katon
     Ida, Be Thy Name: A Look Back At Motel Hell's Frightful Female Protagonist, Ida Smith
     Theatrical Trailer
ADAM

marsattacks666

Wow! Another, Motel Hell bluray. Well....I guess I'll be buying this one, too.