New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Memphremagog on April 26, 2019, 07:57:09 PM
Coming from Mill Creek on July 9th:

Includes both original Japanese version and American release. Special features include commentary and trailers..

Nuts!  It's only available as a "steelbook" (tin can) release.  Hope they sell out and re-issue it in a regular holder.

I want something that is easy to convert to a slim-line (7mm) case.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 28, 2019, 07:27:30 AM
I want something that is easy to convert to a slim-line (7mm) case.

Scan the steelbook to make your slim case.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

Coming Aug.20th from Shout Factory:

Extras in progress to be announced at a later date...
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Monsters For Sale

Leech Woman - BLU-Ray - 1960 - Scream Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  August 27, 2019

Details later.

Looks like they are doing them all.
ADAM

fearliath

I need some help. I have been looking to find a Blu-ray or DVD release of Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974 - the one with King Caesar) in English. I can find nearly every Godzilla release on Blu-ray for about $9 but I can't seem to find a copy of this one available (except some older DVD's for $90-$500). Is it available?

My son apparently had a debate with a kid at recess about whether Mechagodzilla or King Ghidorah was Godzilla's greatest enemy (who knew kids talk about that stuff these days). He's seen G v. Mechagodzilla II but never the first with King Caesar and he wants to see it.

Edit: FWIW, I should add my son was arguing King Ghidorah was his greatest enemy

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on May 02, 2019, 12:49:03 AM
(except some older DVD's for $90-$500)

When that happens, it usually means that there are no other (or better) versions available.
CREATURE FAN

Memphremagog

Quote from: fearliath on May 02, 2019, 12:49:03 AM
I need some help. I have been looking to find a Blu-ray or DVD release of Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974 - the one with King Caesar) in English. I can find nearly every Godzilla release on Blu-ray for about $9 but I can't seem to find a copy of this one available (except some older DVD's for $90-$500). Is it available?

My son apparently had a debate with a kid at recess about whether Mechagodzilla or King Ghidorah was Godzilla's greatest enemy (who knew kids talk about that stuff these days). He's seen G v. Mechagodzilla II but never the first with King Caesar and he wants to see it.

Edit: FWIW, I should add my son was arguing King Ghidorah was his greatest enemy

There is currently a seller on Ebay selling this film for $17.99..not a recording but the original dvd if that helps..still in the packaging.
DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

Extras to be announced soon..
DARK SHADOWS:

fearliath

Quote from: Memphremagog on May 02, 2019, 08:24:18 AM
There is currently a seller on Ebay selling this film for $17.99..not a recording but the original dvd if that helps..still in the packaging.

Thank You! Just bought it.

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Memphremagog on May 01, 2019, 07:36:44 PM

Extras in progress to be announced at a later date...

Quote from: Memphremagog on May 02, 2019, 09:37:19 AM

Extras to be announced soon..

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on May 01, 2019, 10:24:48 PM

Leech Woman - BLU-Ray - 1960 - Scream Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  August 27, 2019

Details later.

Looks like they are doing them all.

So long paychecks.... I can hear my wife getting upset right now....
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Memphremagog

Quote from: fearliath on May 02, 2019, 01:14:52 PM
Thank You! Just bought it.

You're welcome! I know I searched for a copy of that film for several years that wasnt selling for anywhere near $50 to $100 until I came across that seller a few months ago. Glad you were able to get a copy and hope your son enjoys the film!
DARK SHADOWS:

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Memphremagog on April 26, 2019, 07:57:09 PM
Coming from Mill Creek on July 9th:

Includes both original Japanese version and American release. Special features include commentary and trailers..

There is also a fine Blu-Ray out there with original & American releases of Godzilla.

How come there is no such Blu-Ray for Rodan?

Godzilla, Rodan and Mothra are the 3 Japanese entries that I saw the years they came out.  Never cared about all the follow-ups and monster-pairing movies that came from Toho after those.

I'd kinda like to get a similar Rodan Blu-Ray, too.  (Even though it seems an awful lot like The Giant Claw in terms of terror.)
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on May 01, 2019, 10:24:48 PM

With the announcement of Leech Woman, that means there are only 3 more films from The Classic Sci-fi Ultimate Collections Vol. 1 and Vol. 2.

The Incredible Shrinking Man
Dr. Cyclops
Cult of the Cobra

Assuming they do those, I wonder what they will do next?

ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on May 13, 2019, 04:34:23 PM
With the announcement of Leech Woman, that means there are only 3 more films from The Classic Sci-fi Ultimate Collections Vol. 1 and Vol. 2.

I'd like to convert them to BD, but at $25 a pop, I don't know? The old ones look fine, to me, and I'm not that much of a sticler. I buy new movies on BD and old movies I don't have.
CREATURE FAN

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 13, 2019, 06:30:04 PM
I'd like to convert them to BD, but at $25 a pop, I don't know? The old ones look fine, to me, and I'm not that much of a sticler. I buy new movies on BD and old movies I don't have.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new BD are the correct aspect ratios for a number of the films, whereas they weren't on the older collections. That's why I'm upgrading (plus bonus features)
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"